Auto-update #links when I change the named anchor text?

Alex Lange January 18, 2018

Hi!

I have a single page glossary of terms (each term is a heading 5) in which I have embedded cross-references to other terms on the same page using link icon>Advanced> #heading5name (that is, a named anchor).

I would like to see if I can "automagically" update the #heading5name when I change the text of heading5 itself.

Example:

Original heading5 is "simian"

link to it is #simian

Core question: If I change the heading5 text to simianS how can I get the link reference to update to #simianS automagically?

I could edit the raw wiki markup, I suppose, but it appears that editing the raw wiki markup is no longer possible. 

Maybe I'm missing something... please be kind to me....

2 answers

0 votes
Jérôme Leclère August 3, 2023

Maybe it is related to the version used, but in Confluence Server v7.19.7 I can edit the raw wiki markup. In edit mode, on the top right of the window you can click on the button <>.

edit mode.png

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Hi Alex, and welcome to community!

I'm not sure how to do what you're asking (but I'm watching this question because it would be a cool script or other solution).

I also modified the tags on your question, so more people will find it and hopefully give you some possible solutions. Here is an excellent article written by a Community Champion on Tags to give you some ideas.

Carolyn

Alex Lange February 22, 2018

Thanks, Carolyn.

The answer appears to be that there is no automatic update of Advanced links that start with #.

If you change the named anchor string (the target of the advanced link), you must also change the link itself.

It seems to me that this automation could be done on pages with internal links such as #. I suggest Atlassian do that ;-)

Thanks again,

Alex L

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Sure, no problem. It's a good suggestion. You can open a suggestion ticket on the public Jira instance for Atlassian and others to see:

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/CONFCLOUD/issues/CONFCLOUD-31358?filter=allopenissues

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events