Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-expansion of Child pages in Navigation Panel

Dan Moran July 17, 2014

In Confluence 3.5.7, we used the Redirection macro on Parent pages so that when a Parent page was clicked in the Navigation Panel, a list of all its Child pages displayed in the Navigation panel. Since the Redirection macro is unavailable in OnDemand 5.5.2, which we will be upgrading to, is there a way to retain this auto-expansion feature?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Moran August 3, 2014

Further research has led me to believe that auto-expansion is not possible.

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

In version 5.5.2 there is a new sidebar menu by default. You can also customize this to suite your needs.

Check it out here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

Dan Moran July 17, 2014

Thanks for responding, Stephen! We're using the Documentation theme, and I didn't see anything on the page you sent that led me to a solution. I'll dig a little deeper through and see if a solution is in fact there.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Can I see a a screen shot of what you are attempting to do? Perhaps I am not understanding the requirements.

Dan Moran July 17, 2014

Hi Stephen,

In screen shot #1, I'm clicking General Information on our home page. In screen shot #2, the General Information page is displayed and all of its first-level child pages are listed in the navigation panel. (On the home page, I could have clicked General Information in the navigation panel to get the same result.)

The Page Redirection macro lets us do this. Clicking General Information accesses a hidden page that contains the Page Redirection macro, which directs the user to the General Information page. A "by-product" of this redirection is the automatic display of the child pages.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

Screen shots didn't come through. =(

Dan Moran July 18, 2014

I wassing the upload.desc icon in this Comment window. It let me browse for and upload files - supposedly. Now I'll try the old copy & paste.

Screen Shot #1

Screen Shot #2

Dan Moran July 18, 2014

It doesn't look like the copy & paste worked - did you get them or do just see text like I see?

Dan Moran July 23, 2014

Hi Stephen, were you able to see the copy & paste screen shots?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events