Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Auto-expansion of Child pages in Navigation Panel

In Confluence 3.5.7, we used the Redirection macro on Parent pages so that when a Parent page was clicked in the Navigation Panel, a list of all its Child pages displayed in the Navigation panel. Since the Redirection macro is unavailable in OnDemand 5.5.2, which we will be upgrading to, is there a way to retain this auto-expansion feature?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Further research has led me to believe that auto-expansion is not possible.

In version 5.5.2 there is a new sidebar menu by default. You can also customize this to suite your needs.

Check it out here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Sidebar

Thanks for responding, Stephen! We're using the Documentation theme, and I didn't see anything on the page you sent that led me to a solution. I'll dig a little deeper through and see if a solution is in fact there.

Can I see a a screen shot of what you are attempting to do? Perhaps I am not understanding the requirements.

Hi Stephen,

In screen shot #1, I'm clicking General Information on our home page. In screen shot #2, the General Information page is displayed and all of its first-level child pages are listed in the navigation panel. (On the home page, I could have clicked General Information in the navigation panel to get the same result.)

The Page Redirection macro lets us do this. Clicking General Information accesses a hidden page that contains the Page Redirection macro, which directs the user to the General Information page. A "by-product" of this redirection is the automatic display of the child pages.

Screen shots didn't come through. =(

I wassing the upload.desc icon in this Comment window. It let me browse for and upload files - supposedly. Now I'll try the old copy & paste.

Screen Shot #1

Screen Shot #2

It doesn't look like the copy & paste worked - did you get them or do just see text like I see?

Hi Stephen, were you able to see the copy & paste screen shots?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Share your Confluence Cloud experience for a chance to win $500!

Take our 5-minute survey to win a $500 Visa gift card! Are you currently using Confluence Cloud? We want to hear from you! Fill out this quick survey about your Confluence Cloud experience so we ...

292 views 5 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you