Attachment storage migration

Gabriele Loibichler March 4, 2015

Hi everybody

We use Confluence Version 5.2.5. and have stored our attachments in database. I must make an upgrade to a higher Confluence Version which is compatible to IE11.

Release notes from confluence decleares - attachment storage in database is deprecated since Version 5.5.

Does this really mean - if I update to a confluence Version higher than 5.5. for example 5.5.2 - I can no more migrate my attachments from database storage to file System ??

Or does this mean I can migrate from database storage to file System but not in the other direction ?

Thanks for answers

Gabriele

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2015

You need to move the attachments from the database to the file system.  Confluence will no longer support keeping attachments in the database.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hi Gabriele,

Nic is correct. Confluence no longer supports database attachment storage in the newer versions. I do recommend to migrate the attachments before reaching 5.5 version, since this option is being deprecated, which means you won't be able to migrate from database to filesystem , vice versa and the upgrade won't run successfully.

First migrate the attachments and then proceed with the Confluence upgrade to 5.5.x or Later.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events