Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Какую базу данных можно использовать на Linux?

Имеется ввиду Postgresql, oracle. Есть ли приоритет по использованию?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Dmitry,

I am going to reply in both Russian and English, but it would be great if you could ask questions in English so that everyone else would benefit from answers or discussions in the comments section.

Question in English: Which DB is preferable to use with Linux? Postgres, Oracle? Any priority in using either on these?

Answer in English: I think the choice of picking a particular database depends on one’s needs. If we speak about these two databases, the benefit of Postgres:

• free
  • Atlassian Cloud uses it (theoretically, Atlassian products are better tested agains Postgres)

while for Oracle:

• one of the most popular and globally used databases
  • capability to handle large amount of data without any single point of failure
  • enterprise support

Answer in Russian/Ответ на русском:

Я думаю, что выбор определенной базы данных зависит от конкретных требований, которые выбираемая база должна выполнять. Например, вот одни из преимуществ Postgre:

• бесплатная
  • Атлассиан сами используют ее в Облаке (теоретически их продукты лучше протестированы именно на данной базе)

Преимущества Oracle:

• одна из самых популярных баз данных в мире
  • может обрабатывать большое количество данных без намеков на какие-либо проблемы
  • профессиональная поддержка

Roman.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

136 views 1 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you