problem with import in jython postfunction script Jira

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 18, 2014

Hi

I'm trying to migrate from JIRA 4.2.4 to JIRA 6.2.7

Among other problems that I encountered, now it came out another

I have many post function with jython script

I also use JIRA rpc in those scripts

In JIRA 6 rpc plugin is bundled (as difference from 4.2.4 where i had to put it in /lib)

Now my jython script gives me error on import:

/secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa [jira.plugin.workflow.JythonValidator] Unrecognized exception while executing Jyphon script: null

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 2, in <module>

ImportError: No module named rpc

at org.python.core.Py.ImportError(Py.java:290)

at line : "from com.atlassian.jira.rpc.soap import JiraSoapService"

The plugin shows that is enabled in JIRA

Please Help me to resolve that import so that my scripts continue to work

Thank you

MCTibi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Shchagin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2014

Hi!

As I said, this is an OSGi issue. This is not a JSS bug and thus can not be fixed.

To get a Class a class (e.g. DB driver) from a system classloader: 

from com.atlassian.jira.component import ComponentAccessor
drv = ComponentAccessor.getClassLoader().loadClass("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance()
print drv

To get a class from another OSGi plugin - actually any v2 JIRA plugin - you need to have an access to that plugin classloader. As I said, I do not have a solution for that out of hand.

Alex

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 20, 2014

thanks Alex At least I now know that I have to look in other directions.. you saved me some time thanks again MCTibi

MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 21, 2014

Hi again.. one more little thing.. It now gives me java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx:1540:xxx the code is: from com.atlassian.jira.component import ComponentAccessor from java.sql import DriverManager drv = ComponentAccessor.getClassLoader().loadClass("oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver").newInstance() url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx:1540:xxx" db_user = "user" password = "pass" dbconn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, db_user, password) please help thanks MCTibi

0 votes
MUNTEANU CATALINTIBERIU November 20, 2014

In additional to the problem above I have also a: Error creating issue: root cause: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 91, in <module> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:772) at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$200(ModuleImpl.java:73) at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1690) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver Can you tell me how can I make it work? In there any possibility to acces these external classes from Jython? I use jss-2.3.0 in jira 6.2.7 Please help.. we're stuck with Jira migration because of that Thank you MCTibi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events