[okapya.jira.customfields.ChecklistReadOnlyCFType] Invalid customfield with ID: null

M Hoogenboom February 12, 2015

We use the CheckList plugin for a while now, but I see tons of error messages in the JIRA log:

[okapya.jira.customfields.ChecklistReadOnlyCFType] Invalid customfield with ID: null

[okapya.jira.customfields.ChecklistReadOnlyCFType] Invalid customfield. Could not get value from issue

What could be the cause of this?

4 answers

0 votes
Marlene Cote July 25, 2017

We are seeing the same problem.  How do I figure out what is causing it?

they are constant and my log is full of them.

2017-07-25 12:38:56,692 http-bio-8080-exec-86429 ERROR  756x13248541x20 4b1txl 10.132.10.163,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/CloneIssueDetails.jspa [okapya.jira.customfields.ChecklistReadOnlyCFType] Invalid customfield. Could not get value from issue

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2017

Hi Marlene,

You need to go to your customfield configuration page in the admin section and check for the "Checklist Read-Only Proxy" field(s). Go to their configuration page and select default value: make sure that you select a valid customfield from the pulldown.

However, if you get that message, I guess that the customfield is not really in use so you probably can delete it.

I see a field that is of type checklist.  this is the config for the default value/s

what should I change?

defval.PNG

I found the culprit!  and you were right. it isn't being used.  I deleted it.

thank you!

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2015

Thanks Mariska,

I will take note of this.

0 votes
M Hoogenboom February 12, 2015

Hi,

We've got v 2.01. But I think I've tackled it. I had 2 proxy fields for usage on the Agile board, but they were not initialised with a default value. After I deleted those fields and recreated them with the default value to the particular checklist field, I didn't see the errors in the log any more.

For me, it would have helped to get the name of the checklist field in the logging or an error on the agile board.

Thanks!

Mariska.

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
February 12, 2015

Hi Mariska,

What version of Checklist are you using? Can you also tell me which version of JIRA?

From the error message, I guess that you have also setup checklist to work with JIRA Agile?

Thanks,

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events