how to update login and password for SVN Mirror plugin

Tim Galloway August 25, 2013

When I installed SVN Mirror plugin into Stash I used a login/password to connect to the SVN repo. That password has changed and we get errors when pushing changesets to the stash server in regards to permissions.

Is there a way to update the login/password combo? I have tried to disable the plugin and see if I can change the login details... I could not find where to alter them.

Any assistance would be greatly apprieciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2013

Hello Tim,

Please go to repository Settings tab, then Subversion Mirror page. In the bottom of this page there's the following message:

Note:
To ensure mapping is used for Git to Subversion translation, enable pre-revprop-change hook in Subversion repository or add user credentials to the /path/to/stash/home/data/repositories/<id>/subgit/passwd file

Once you know the path to passwd file on the server, specify proper credentials in this file. This should fix the problem for you.

Hope that helps,

Semyon

UPDATE: Since version 3.0.0 it's possible to update SVN credentials at Subversion Mirror page:

http://www.subgit.com/stash#17

1 vote
Maxfield B March 20, 2015

Wow. That is extremely poor.

0 votes
k balling December 30, 2015

I agree that this a super crappy way to handle this.

I'm required to change my SVN password every couple of months. Thus my connection breaks on a regular basis.

Semyon Vadishev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

Please make sure you're using SVN Mirror 3.0+ version as it allows updating SVN credentials via web UI, see the recent update at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/204585/answers/2291582

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events