Using Script Runner post-function to change the reporter of a sub-task to current user

Graham Horsman May 12, 2014

Hello,

We have a transition that creates a subtask using a built-in script post-function. However on creation the subtask's reporter is the same as the parent issue when we need it to be the current user. I've done a fair bit of searching and have found a plugin that might resolve this but I'm sure theres a way of using script runner to do this as well. Can anyone help?

Update:

I attempted putting this in "additional actions" however it just caused the sub-task creation to fail:

"issue.reporterid = currentUser"

Thanks,

Graham

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

I think you should add the following in additional actions

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
issue.reporterId = ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getName();

Graham Horsman May 12, 2014

Thanks Kostas. That worked a treat!

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

You are welcome.

Cheers

Brady_Stetson April 14, 2016

FYI. We have been using the original script in this answer for a while with great success, but it no longer works after our upgrade to JIRA 7.1.2.

We are now using:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

def currentAppUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

issue.setReporter(currentAppUser);

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events