URI and payload for adding new labels using ZAPI

Umesh Bhalerao April 4, 2017

Hi,

I have been struggling to get the correct URI and paylod required to add a new label  to a test case using PUT call.

Please can anyone help me with the URI and Payload that works?

2 answers

1 vote
Arun Ravindran April 10, 2017

Hi Umesh

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.I second  Sam on this post

Please note that we ie "Test" being an issue type in Jira it will follow all the APIs from Jira ie Create Issue , Create  Labels etc

Please note that ZAPI  doesnt have an API to update Test case

We would request you to sign up to "support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us" and use the option "Submit a Case" to raise a ticket with us in case you needed further clarification about this

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Hi Umesh,

I've added labels and moved your post so it has more chance of being answered by people who know about ZAPi.

Does this have to be done using ZAPI?

If the test case is just a JIRA issue, you might be able to add the label using the edit issue resource in offered by the JIRA REST API. There's an example of a payload including label updates shown in the docs.

If it must be Zapi, you might want to contact the vendor (Zephyr) directly. See the contact links on the Zapi marketplace listing - you can get to the their support website and the Zapi Docs and API Spec from there.

Umesh Bhalerao April 5, 2017

Thanks Sam, We use the Zephyr plugin to manage our testcases, it appears the Jira REST API's are not compatible with Zephyr so as suggested I need to contact Zephyr directly.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

Ok. Good luck. If you find the answer, please post update here to help the community in general.

Maybe you will get an answer here in the meantime.

The other option I should mention is that you could also ask on: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events