The templates are not displayed after JIRA 7.1.4 upgrade

Lai Dai July 13, 2016

We have a few saved templates in JIRA. But these template is no longer shown in the subtask template page which is accessible from the project admin page. The template page is now a blank page. These previously saved templates cannot be used in JIRA anymore. If I create a new template in a project which has no template before, it still works.

We are on JIRA 7.1.4 and Quick Subtask plugin 4.3.0.

Here is the error in the log.

2016-07-13 13:01:30,585 ajp-nio-8009-exec-123 ERROR Lai_Dai 781x3762084x4 16jjex 10.17.4.148 /rest/subtasks/1.0/repository/project/TSBIR [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: java.util.HashSet cannot be cast to java.util.List java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.HashSet cannot be cast to java.util.List at com.hascode.plugin.quick_subtasks.dao.SubtasksTemplateProviderImpl.deserializeTemplates(SubtasksTemplateProviderImpl.java:64) at com.hascode.plugin.quick_subtasks.dao.SubtasksTemplateProviderImpl.templatesByProject(SubtasksTemplateProviderImpl.java:54) at com.hascode.plugin.quick_subtasks.dao.SubtasksTemplateProviderImpl.templatesForProject(SubtasksTemplateProviderImpl.java:48) at com.hascode.plugin.quick_subtasks.rest.SubtasksTemplateRestService.getProjectTemplates(SubtasksTemplateRestService.java:132) at com.hascode.plugin.quick_subtasks.rest.SubtasksTemplateRestService.getSubtaskTemplatesForProject(SubtasksTemplateRestService.java:95) ... 2 filtered at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ... 19 filtered at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:154) ... 1 filtered at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:68) ... 91 filtered at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:70) ... 16 filtered at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37) ... 22 filtered at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.lambda$invokeFilterChain$0(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:169) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.util.scala.ScalaJavaInterOp$1.apply(ScalaJavaInterOp.java:25) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.CustomerContextUtil$.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextUtil.scala:48) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.CustomerContextUtil.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextUtil.scala) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.utils.context.CustomerContextServiceImpl.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextServiceImpl.java:24) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.outOfCustomerContext(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:164) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilterImpl(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:120) at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.web.CustomerContextSettingFilter.doFilter(CustomerContextSettingFilter.java:112) ... 54 filtered at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Please advise how to fix this issue and recover previously saved templates

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2016

From which JIRA version did you upgrade to JIRA 7.1.4?

Lai Dai July 14, 2016

yes. 7.1.4

Lai Dai July 15, 2016

Any ETA on the fix?

Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2016

Which was your JIRA version and the plugin's version before the update to JIRA 7.1.4 and plugin 4.3.0?

Lai Dai July 18, 2016

JIRA 6.3.8

Plugin 3.4.0

Lai Dai July 18, 2016

This is a critical issue for my users now as new templates cannot be created and saved if templates were created before. Please provide the solution asap. Thanks!

Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2016

It seems as if the database migration converting from the old to the new storage format has not been applied to your JIRA instance. I'l try to provide you with a temporary patch that should convert all templates from the old to the new format - otherwise you could remove all existing templates directly from the database.

Lai Dai July 30, 2016

Hi Micha,

When can you provide me the patch? Please provide the ETA.

0 votes
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2016

I have created an issue in the project's issue tracker and I have provided an individual upgrade script for you there with detailed instructions how to proceed. Please feel free to switch to this channel for further communication:

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues/290/error-after-jira-upgrade

Lai Dai August 3, 2016

Thanks Micha for the patch.

I will test the patch in staging first before applying it in my prod.

BTW, do you have a database query to find the projects against which have sub-task templates created?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events