[Structure Plugin] Removing issues from structure and filter synchronization

Vladimir Voitechovic December 17, 2014

Hello,

I have a standard JIRA project with a few issues. I make a filter, which includes all issues of this project. Then I create a new structure, which is synchronized with this filter (Filter synchronization). Then I remove (by clicking the remove button in structure tool-bar) one issue from the structure. Why this issue is not back to the structure, keeping in mind that there is an enabled filter synchronization? This issue is back only then I do resync.

On the other hand, when I just create a new issue in this project (creating it not from structure view) the synchronizer works properly - it puts the newly created issue in the structure.

Also, is it possible to disable the remove button on the structure toolbar?

Thanks a lot for the help,

Vladimir

1 answer

1 vote
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

Hi Vladimir,

Filter synchronizer:

The behaviour you observe is correct - if you manually remove an issue that was added by the Filter synchronizer, that issue will not be returned to the structure automatically until the synchronizer is triggered by updating a field in that issue (assuming it still matches the filter query, the synchronizer will then put it back in the structure).

Delete button:

There are no settings for customizing toolbar buttons, may I ask why you would like to remove the delete button?

You can limit permission to edit a structure to specified user groups and project roles, might that help?

There is also the option to undo the deletion of an issue from a structure (via a link in a notification bubble and below the structure board immediately after the event) and you can also use Structure history to find and restore issues that were deleted prior to the last 'undoable' operation.

Cheers,

Robert

Vladimir Voitechovic December 17, 2014

Hi, Robert, Thanks for your answer! I understood it. If I manually add issue to the structure, it is normal to have possibility to remove it manually (using this remove button). But if I have an installed synchronizer to the structure, it is not very understandable for me, why it doesn't put the removed issue back to the structure. It is even more tricky that the synchronizer puts the issue back if some changes in fields of that issue are made... The point is that I can't limit permission to edit the structure to the user because that user is a project lead who has to edit it. All issues that are created in a particular project must be in its structure. The problem is that the project lead thinks that he deletes the issue by removing it from the structure. That is why I want to return it to the structure (using the synchronization). It would be more interesting if some day he would see this "deleted" issue in the structure :) Maybe you can advice something? Thanks, Vladimir

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2014

Hi Vladimir, I think the easiest solution in this case is to install the Scheduled Resync extension for Structure, you can download it from here - https://wiki.almworks.com/x/kQBg and install it manually via the Plugin Manager in JIRA. This can be configured to run periodic resync on individual synchronizers, for example every five minutes. If an issue is manually removed from the structure, it will be pulled back in the next time the scheduler runs a resync on the corresponding synchronizer.

Vladimir Voitechovic December 18, 2014

Hi Robert, Thank you. I will try to do it. Best regards, Vladimir

Stefan Johansson January 28, 2016

Hi Robert,

I have followed the link to the "Scheduled Resync" extension you posted but was sent to a wikipage containing information of running manual resync. Is there a "Scheduled Resync" extension?

I have been unable to find it through the link or otherwise and would greately appeciate any link to it if you have it.

Best regards

Stefan

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2017

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been getting notifications for some reason and just found this by chance!

You're right, that link is a dud. Please try this one - https://wiki.almworks.com/x/y4J7

Best,

Robert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events