Saving draw.io diagram takes ages

Karolina Boboli December 2, 2015

Hi,

I use draw.io at Confluence cloud. Recently saving a quite big diagram (over 50 entities)  takes quite log time (15 minutes) and in some cases it does not end (then I lose my work).

I use Firefox browser 42.0, plugin version: 1.0.9-AC

5 answers

0 votes
Swetha July 21, 2020

Why does the draw.io plugin not have an auto save option?

0 votes
Karolina Boboli December 3, 2015

@David Benson [draw.io] Thanks. I will arange a temp login (it may take some time). I temporarily switched to the app at www.draw.io - here it works without any problems. Saving without exit - autosave would be nice. I actually thought of just not having to exit the diagram each time I save - it takes time to find the fragment I worked on if the diagram is big.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2015

We can't think of anything obvious that might be causing this. Would it be possible for one of our engineers to get a temp login to test that specific diagram and see if we can repeat it? If yes, just contact us at support@draw.io. In terms of saving without exit. Is that because you want an autosave?

0 votes
Karolina Boboli December 2, 2015

Thanks for your quick reply. PNG is aroung 430 kB, exported XML 137 kB The issue usually occurs when I work on the diagram for a longer time without saving. BTW: saving diagram without having to leave it would be helpful.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Saving involves sending the diagram to your atlassian.net instance. The speed depends on your network connection, the size of the diagram file and the response time of the Atlassian server. There's not any system of ours involved. When it does save, what is the size of the files (look in the page attachments for the PNG and XML files)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events