Problem with dynamic Drop Down

artindustrial _it January 27, 2013

Hi,

I made a dynamic drop down list, where our users have so select 1 of 4 choices.

But to make things easier I thought I could create a pre-selection, because in about 95% of the cases it is the same value for one ticket. So if the user selects a value in our custom field "billing type", I want the value being preselected in the "billing type" attribute in the worklog entry.

So far this works fine, but my problem is, when there is no billing type selected in the ticket, I do not get anything to select in my dynamic drop down. Therefor I am not able to select a value because there are no values.

I tried to call my url which builds the js for the dynamic drop down directly with, without and with invalid values in my request parameter, and it returns the correct js function.

After that I traced the requests in tamper data, and when there is no value selected in the ticket, my dynamic drop down URL is not even called.

Is it possible that this is a bug in Tempo-Plugin or am I doing something wrong?

regards, Manuel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristin Hreinsdottir [Tempo] February 13, 2013

Hi Manuel

the dynamic dropdowns are indeed implemented this way. If the dynamic dropdown has a custom field parameter, the request is not triggered if that custom field is not set.

What you can do instead is to use the IssueKey parameter and in your service implemention decide how to handle the empty customfield in the Issue by returning the whole list of choices.

Kind regards,

Kristín

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events