Migrate to Time to SLA

ION Information Systems January 16, 2017

Hi,

We are planning to move away from VertygoSLA, and we are evaluating different Jira plugins.
I was wondering if there is any documentation or if you have any suggestion about how to do the migration to Time to SLA? (i.e. how to retain old SLAs fields, and configurations)
Additionally, we use Business Object to generate reports for our teams. Will it still be possible to retrieve the current SLA values from the Jira database? I read in another ticket that you use calculated fields.

Thanks in advance
Graziella

1 answer

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2017

Hello Graziella,

Time to SLA addon stores in database. The fields are not calculated. 

At the moment we do not have migration script, you need to use addon from scratch.

Regards

Tuncay

ION Information Systems January 17, 2017

Hi Tuncay,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I read in TTS documentation that it is possible to re-generate SLA data for existing issues, from what version is it available? We will may use it in JIRA 6.4.

If we set up the TTS rules like those we already have in VertygoSLA, and we re-generate the SLA on existing issues, I expect the values to be the same, so probably there is no need to migrate data. Is my assumption correct?

How long do you think it will take the plugin to re-generate the SLA for ~500K issues?

Thanks
Graziella

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2017

Hi Graziella,

We always release two versions (both JIRA 6.3+ and JIRA 7), so all features will exist in your JIRA 6.4 instance.

For re-generating SLA data, it really depends on server hardware, but I strongly recommend to generate them with a couple JQL. I mean, first run with a JQL that will result with 1K of issues, and see the duration. Then, may be you can try with another JQL that will filter 10K, and so on.

Generally 10K of issues are re-generated within 5-15 minutes time.

Also, please try in test environment first wink

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events