Jira Client and "There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'null' in plugin 'JIRA Client'."

Tom Mathews July 9, 2012

I'm trying to get Jira Client running on 4.3.4 (though I'll probably be reverting to 4.3.2 -- I haven't yet tested JC on 4.3.2).

Here's the log entry:

2012-07-09 21:25:55,586 main ERROR [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'null' of plugin 'com.almworks.jira.plugin.jiraclient'. Disabling.

com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Could not load class: com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl

at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:46)

(atlassian-jira_Clean.log)

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Baltiyskiy July 11, 2012

Thanks, Tom! This looks very strange. For one, the class that is missing should be present inside the plugin JAR. I suspect that the JAR file that you downloaded was broken. Please check that the file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\plugin_4976340462074548723_jiraclient-plugin-3.0.0.jar

has size equal to 627045 bytes. Alternatively, you can check that its MD5 hash is 8f160562c684cba951be42ba357d940f.

To view MD5 hash sum of a file on Windows, you can use Powershell, a built-in Windows shell scripting tool, to run the following script:

$stream = new-object io.filestream "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\plugin_4976340462074548723_jiraclient-plugin-3.0.0.jar",Open; try { -join ([security.cryptography.MD5]::Create().ComputeHash($stream) |% {$_.ToString("x2")}) } finally { if($stream) { $stream.close() } }

Alternatively, you can download a free program like MD5Sums .

If either size or MD5 is different, please re-download the file (you can use direct download link) and check the size and MD5 again. If they match, please reinstall the plugin.

Tom Mathews July 17, 2012

That was it! Thank you!!

0 votes
Tom Mathews July 10, 2012

I've edited the bug to attach the full log for your review!

0 votes
Igor Baltiyskiy July 10, 2012

Tom, could you look a bit more down that same stack --- are there more "caused by" clauses? The chain of causes can be quite long...

0 votes
Tom Mathews July 9, 2012

Its never come out of being disabled, and when I enable it I get these messages.

Above you can see what comes after 'null' descriptor... it's caused by the ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl class not being found:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
at com.atlassian.plugin.util.ClassLoaderUtils.loadClass(ClassLoaderUtils.java:52)
at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.StaticPlugin.loadClass(StaticPlugin.java:21)
at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:27)

0 votes
Igor Baltiyskiy July 9, 2012

Sorry, Tom, but it's still hard to figure out what's happening judging by the added messages. I was wondering if there was anything below the original stack trace — I would expect "caused by..." there.

Have you already tried disabling/enabling the JIRA Client plugin?

0 votes
Igor Baltiyskiy July 9, 2012

Tom, there should be more information in the logs right below the entry that you posted, something like "caused by..." — could you add it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events