JIRA cloud with JMWE move subtasks without particular status when parent moved

richhobbs July 20, 2017

Is it possible on JIRA Cloud, using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions, to have it so that by dragging an issue from one column to another causes all subtasks that do not have a particular status or statuses to change to the same new column?

If so, how?

Thanks in advance

Rich

1 answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

It is indeed possible. You can use the "Transition Linked Issues" post-function, with the "is Parent of" link type, to automatically trigger a particular transition on all subtasks. Of course, you must add the post-function to any transition that applies to parent issues.

As for "all subtasks that do not have a particular status or statuses", I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. Do you mean that you would like to transition only subtasks that are not in specified statuses? In any case, transitions generally apply to one or more source statuses (they take issues from one or more statuses to a single destination status) so that would basically solve your issue.

David

richhobbs July 25, 2017

Thanks David, I think that answers for me - I'll be back with more specific follow-up questions if I can't figure out how to get it working from the above.

Much appreciated

Rich

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events