Is there any information on how milestones work in the JIRA Gantt Chart plugin?

Josh Eastburn February 12, 2013

I don't see anything in the documentation on how to use this feature. When I try to add a milestone, it gives me an issue creation screen. Not sure where to go from there.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

Hi Josh,

referring to my latest version (pre-v2.2, available for downloading on my server see below), you have various possibilities to create a milestone having enabled re-scheduling as prerequisite:

1. create a new issue and just set the due date (no estimated effort): the planning dates will be set to the due date and the customfield "Gantt Option" will set to the option "milestone"
  2. create a new issue and manually set the option "milestone" of customfield "Gantt Option" as well as the due date: the planning dates will be set to the due date automatically
  3. create a new issue without specify it as milestone and having set no due date nor estimated effort, the update this issue and click on option "milestone" of customfield "Gantt Option" and specify a due date: the planning dates will be updated to the due date automatically.

On the Gantt-Chart, a milestone is visualized as rombus/carrée in green or red (if planned end date is later than due date) on the issue's row and in white-gray on the issue's grouping element to focus attension on.

Regards,
Frank

My early-adapter-program (EAP) for download of current pre-release 2.2 depending on your JIRA version:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events