Insight Assets Unable to Properly Import CSV

Dave October 2, 2017

Hi. I'm trying to import a CSV file into Insight. Some of the records import correctly, but a good number (more than half) fail.

I tried to

• clean the data of non-printing characters (I don't think there were any)
  • fill in values in some blank cells (which helped in some, but not all, cases)
  • delete and recreate the import profile.

Any suggestions? 

Here's a link to the import file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxSjaSuq_9wgRy1ZTVNkYnRKWTg

With this file, values in the first column (which is not the label field) of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 1160 were imported, but the rest of the records were not.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

Hi Dave,

Using version 5.0.6 I managed to set it up without any problem. I've attached a screenshot of my settings for the import. I simply downloaded the file you provided and uploaded it as a file for the import. I got 19 Imported objects without any errors.

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 15.52.20.png

Best Regards
Alexander

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2017

I have also added the VASI ID, and the Used By CFM later on after the screenshot, without any problems.

Dave October 5, 2017

Thanks Alexander. I was able to get it to work also. I think the confusion was just in the configuration process.

I'd propose for your roadmap you guys try to simplify the import process (maybe a step-by-step wizard would be useful).

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, we will take that into account.

Best Regards
Alexander

Felix Weber May 2, 2018

hey,

did you run the import directly from google spreadsheet ? So when it becomes to import choosing URL and your spreadsheet-link  or could you only manage it via export as CSV and then import it ?

really looking in a way using direct google spreadsheet import to jira (in order to avoid former export from google) like:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/'+spreadsheetId+'/export?format=csv

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events