If JEditor keeps content in HTML form, what happens after removing plugin?

ChangJoon Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

If I stop using JEditor,

Will I see native HTML tagges all around with old issues which is edited with JEditor?

3 answers

1 vote
Christian Blaich December 15, 2013

yeah you will. We are fighting with these Problems atm

0 votes
Хрен Сгоры May 16, 2018

I have the same issue and resolved it by editing the database (Postgres)

UPDATE public.jiraaction SET actionbody = regexp_replace(regexp_replace(actionbody, E'<[^>]+>', '', 'gi' ), E'&nbsp;', ' ', 'g');
UPDATE public.jiraissue SET description = regexp_replace(regexp_replace(description, E'<[^>]+>', '', 'gi' ), E'&nbsp;', ' ', 'g');
0 votes
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

Hello,

Currently if you switch renderer from JEditor to wiki or plain text you will see html tags in your fields. This happens because none of the default renderers can render html (wiki can if you enable html macro).

You will experience same behavior with wiki markup if you switch from wiki renderer to plain text.

We can create a display mode for JEditor to render html when renderer is set to wiki/plain text. However this will only affect view of the issue. If you edit such a field you will still see html.

Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2014

We have just shipped JEditor 2. This version can render HTML in the Description and Comment field even when renderer is set to Wiki / plain text.

To force HTML rendering go to JEditor Configuration > Advanced and add the following line:

--enable-fb-renderer

B December 15, 2014

This does not work with Service Desk as you still need to change the renderer to JEditor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events