How to create one issue per component selected

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Hi,

We use Create on Transition to create new issues. What we want to do is :

- select a component for the source issue

- create a new issue in a project that depends on the component selected (Component1 -> Project1, Component2 - Project2).

It works if we only have one component selected, but we would like our configuration to work if there are several components selected (If I select Component1 and Component2, I would like 2 new issues to be created, in Project1 and Project2).

I created two post functions, but it doesn't work... No issue is created.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Stéphane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Yes, have a look at How to create multiple issues - advanced example. If you have difficulties, see How to get problem determination information to help you debug your scenario.

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

Thanks Bob

The problem was with the quotes around %entry%.

It works now.

0 votes
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2013

I found this :https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSOT/How+to+create+multiple+issues+-+advanced+example

Here is the configuration I made :

Project: Specific project ("%entry%")

1. Create multiple issues: %original_components%,
  2. Stéphane

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events