How to access diagramly plugin with confluence 'add' button removed

Bill Vanyo March 12, 2013

Confluence no longer has the 'Add' button: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Add+Page+Button+is+Missing

As best as I can tell, that is where one found access to the diagramly plugin.

How do I get to it now?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

Open the page editor and start typing {diagramly}. From macro picker choose Diagramly and you're all set.

P.S. We are considering adding diagramly to Create dialog for the next release.

Bill Vanyo March 26, 2013

Thanks, that works, though there was another point of confusion, which is that the page in which a diagram is inserted must be saved first before the diagram can be edited. Not sure if this is documented somewhere, but if not I think it would be a stumbling block for new users, who might naturally try to test the plugin, as I did, on a newly created test page first. That one must first save the page before editing the diagram is not intuitive.

Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

You're right. It can be confusing. We'll add a notification to clarify this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events