FOLIO - buttons creating team, expence etc. are gone...

Jacek Polewiak October 29, 2013

We are testing trial version of Folio and at start everything was working well, but when I deleted test folio and created it again from the same project the buttons like "create team", "create expence" etc. are gone. I have only "scope inspector" button. When I created folio from another project the buttons are active. Am I doing something wrong or there may be some other problem?

10 answers

1 vote
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Hi Michel,

Are you using JIRA 6? And if so, is it possible that your username have changed? JIRA 6 introduced the possibility to change the usernames, and this is not well supported in FOLIO up to now. The next release of FOLIO due at the beginning of December will fully support username change. If you are encountering this issue, you have two options:

1. if the folio has another user with edit rights (owner or admin), that person can re-add you as an Admin of that folio (remove and then add again).

2. otherwise, you can have a JIRA admin change your username back to its original value.

Let me know it this helps.

Cheers,

MA

Michel Barros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Hi MA,

Thanks for your response. But, I have not changed my user name and, yes, I'm using JIRA latest version.

Actually, all my environment is installed on a notebook for presentations purposes. And, due that, after clearing my browser cache (with no success), I've decided to reboot my notebook.

So, curiously, after reinitiate all the environment and turn back to access JIRA, all the (so expected) buttons came back again to me.

So, now, FOLIO is working properly.

As a tip, please investigate this problem considering others scenarios. Cause, unfortunatelly (maybe) the problem can appear again.

Cheers! ;D

0 votes
Michel Barros
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2013

Hi everyone!

I'm also facing exactly the same problem. I have two scenarios:

First scenario:

1. Folio is PENDING

2. I am the folio's admin

However, only inspector buttons are shown on respective tabs.

Second scenario:

1. Folio is EXECUTING

2. I am the folio's admin

However, only inspector buttons are shown on respective tabs.

Both Folios are based on a SCRUM BOARD.
Hope some quick response. Thanks!
Michel
olai-web September 22, 2014

Same to me like Michel Barros

0 votes
Jacek Polewiak October 30, 2013

Hi,

answearing to your email - the bitbucket access was sent automaticly to you, so please ignore this message. Did you get my email with access to our Jira with Folio installed?

Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2013

I am still available if you need me Jacek.

Cheers

0 votes
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

No sorry :(

Nothing yet.

Cheers,

JC

0 votes

Hi,

yes we have access via internet. I have sent email to you.

0 votes
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

Hi Jacek,

Is your JIRA accessible remotely via internet?
If you grant me acces to it I will have a look at your environment.
There are several things that I can check remotetly.

We can continnue this conversation via emails: team @ folioforjira (dot) com

Cheers,

JC

0 votes

I have reset my Browser's cache but nothing has changed. I made many tests creating new projects and folios and there is no regularity. Sometimes the buttons are visible and sometimes not. Even if I do everything in the same way. Can the problem be caused by the version of Java, MySQL or Tomcat on our server?

Please tell me one more thing. Are you able to check problem with Folio remotely on your system?

0 votes
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

Hi Jacek,

We were unable to reproduce the behavior that you are experiencing.

Have you tried to reset your Browser's cache? After an upgrade some javascript files can be outdated.

We will continue to investigate on our side and let you know as soon as we have found anything.

Cheers,

JC

0 votes
Jacek Polewiak October 29, 2013

Thank you for answer. I've checked 1, 2 ad 3 and:

1. Status of my folio is EXECUTING (date from 21 October 2013 to 25 December 2013)

2. It's OPEN

3. I am the Admin of the system and the owner of the folio.

I attach screen shots. As you see everything looks good but there is no buttons to add expenses and team. I can add team only from the right panel (Worklogs Inspector).

0 votes
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

Hi Jacek,

There are 3 situations where you actually loose the rights to enter some expenses.

1. Your folio is Expired: The folio end date is in the past.
    You can recover from this by simply changing the end date to a future date
  2. Your folio is Closed.
    You can recover from this by reopening the folio via the "Folio" menu
  3. You do not own the folio and you are not an administrator.
    You can verify this by going into the "Configuration" of the folio at the "permissions" tab
    You can recover by asking the owner or an administrator to add you as an admin

Also to verify if you are in 1) or 2) you can have a quick check on the folio's status (lozenge next to the dates in the main right header)

I hope this helps Jacek!

Cheers,

JC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events