Communication with non jira user

Thomas Blaser September 11, 2013

Hi

I have JEMH up and running for JIRA users and non JIRA users. I would like to implement helpdesk functionality with JEMH. Is it possible to communicate with non JIRA users dircetly out of a JIRA issue? It would help keep all information of a certain subject together in one issue and make it tracable. If for example a user outside of our JIRA system sends us a complaint and our service engineer needs to ask questions over e-mail.

Best regards

Thomas Blaser

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hi Thomas,

So if I understand, you want to create an issue in JIRA and involve the non-JIRA user directly? If so, and given you already have the non-JIRA configuration done;

1. Create an issue, set the summary

2. Edit the issue, set the description, and add the remote users email address to your non-JIRA user email field.

The reasons for the 'edit' is that there are problems worked around during issue creation, by making it an edit JEMH should mail out the updated description, with the issue subject to the the non-JIRA user email?

Thomas Blaser September 12, 2013

Hi Andy

I have done all that and I see who wrote the mail, but I would like to write back right from the JIRA issue and have the user's answer come write back to the correct issue again. It can happen via the "comment field" of the issue. What I want, is to be able to handle several issues from different non JIRA users, being able to question and answer on the JIRA issues and have all the information that goes in and out per e-mail on somewhere in the issue. Helpdesk...like we are using now...only via e-mail.

Best regards

Thomas

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

You might like to look at JETI, to fill this direct user email need. Right now, JEMH is working its way back to such functionality, most recently was workflow. User facing features to do exaclt what you describe are in the pipes but wont be available until after summit at least.

0 votes
Thomas Blaser September 15, 2013

Hi Andy

Thanks for your help and your tip.

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events