Can't add a diagram: "This Draw.io plugin is an evaluation copy"

Arjon Buikstra August 17, 2014

When I try to add a Draw.io diagram on an issue through 'More > Add Drawio Diagram" I get a single line of plain text, no dialogs, saying "This Draw.io plugin is an evaluation copy". This is on a fresh installation of version 2.1. I did not see an option to get a full version, what should I do to add a diagram?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Arjon Buikstra August 20, 2014
Thanks to Boris Jockov's comment for showing the way. There were many errors showing up in my browser console showing a bunch of 404's for draw.io resources like the following:
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - https://lorem.example.com/jira/download/resources/com.mxgraph.jira.plugins.drawio:drawio-editor/js/mxProperties.js"

What needed to be done was to change the Base URL for JIRA in my general configuration. I had loaded it from the live site and never had to change it until now. Thanks Boris!
2 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

It seems that you have the license for the old payed version - and developers didn't cleaned up code properly. Please try to do the following:

1. Uninstall current version

2. Install 1.3.4 manually https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.mxgraph.jira.plugins.drawio/version/100300400

3. Open the license box on the plugin settings inside UPM

4. clear up the license and press save button

5. remove 1.3.4

6. install 2.1 again

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

This is incorrect, there is no licensing code in 2.1.

0 votes
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Is there any error in the browser console?

What version of JIRA are you using?

This sounds like a resource loading problem, not a licensing one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events