Can I move Testcase and Testcycles from one Project to another?

Deleted user February 27, 2014

I'm planning to create a project, where I manage all my Testcases.Than I will use Clones/Copies of them in different projects.

3 answers

8 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2014

I have found that I can move Test Cases from one project to another by following the steps below. FYI - this might require project or other JIRA admin access.

- Search for issues (Issues > Search for Issues) until the results display only those test cases that you want to move to another project

- Click on the upper right Tools dropdown choose to bulk change all issues

- Follow the steps to move all issues from one project to another.

- Once you move them, they are no longer in the original project. If you want the case in the first and second project, then that is where you would clone the case so that it exists in both projects.

I don't know of a way to move or clone a Test Cycle from one project to another. Emily does your answer above only refer to Test Cases and not Test Cycles? Is there a way to move or clone a cycle?

-JS

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Thanks, very useful and clear explanations.

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2014

Hi JS,

Your scenario is spot on. We recommend cloning the test first and then moving the cloned test case the way you described in JIRA.

However, regarding the test cycles, there is not a way to share test cycles between projects. You can clone a test cycle but you can not move a test cycle from one project to another. Cloning cycles at this time is useful if you want to test the same set of executions against another build or enviornment. But there is not away to move it to another project currently.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Amit Puri March 26, 2019

@Emily Schneider 

Hi Emily,

Do we have any updates around moving Test Cycles across projects, now? Or any other good workaround to do that, we have more than one projects and need to move the Test Cycles along with Test Cases to the new one.

Looking forward to any inputs/help. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards / Amit Puri

Like # people like this
Charanya Muthukaruppiah June 2, 2020

@Emily Schneider - Do you have any updates to this query? Do we have any updates around moving Test Cycles across projects, now? 

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Hi Robert,

It is important to note that Zephyr for JIRA is project based so it does take a few extra steps to do what you want.

What you will need to do is every time you want to move a test case from the current project to another project, you will need to clone the test case. Once the test case is cloned you can use JIRA's move option to move the cloned test case out of the current project and into the project you want it in.

If you are ok with this workflow than it will work.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events