CSV import for checklist

Wolfgang Fellner February 1, 2016

I need to create a huge number of issues, each with a separate list of checklist items.

For import I would use the JIRA standard CSV importer. Is it possible to import the checklist items this way? In which format do I have to provide them in the CSV file?
If that does not work: is there any other way to import them?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wolfgang Fellner February 1, 2016

CSV Import does not work, see https://bitbucket.org/Whyves/checklist/issues/36/unable-to-import-into-the-task-field-when

Importing the issues using CSV and updating them using JIRA CLI works:

./jira.sh -a updateIssue --issue TEST-1 --field "checklistfield" --values "[V1-0-M] test,[V1-0-M] test2"
Logan Hawkes May 29, 2018

Could you expand on that? Given a checkbox field named "Vetting Process" with values:

• Code reviewed
  • Unit tests reviewed
  • Tested with main data set

How would you construct the command? 

It seems like this would work, but it doesn't. With Jira 7.8 just generates an error.  

./jira.sh -a updateIssue --issue TEST-1 --field "Vetting Process" --values "Code Reviewed,Unit tests reviewed,Tested with main data set"
0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2016

Hi Wolfgang,

I have investigated the CSV import a while ago and while it is technically possible to import customfield values, the standard JIRA implementation convert the imported item as an option which makes it impossible to do a proper import like most people who want it to. So, in short: I would not try it.

Now, as other means, if the items are solely for the issue and that there are no global options that are required, maybe some import via the JIRA REST services could work or maybe a groovy script but I haven`t try any of those.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events