Bulk update or centrally manage wages in several Folios

Carlos Faganello June 5, 2014

Hi,

we are evaluating FOLIO to see if we can use it to manage costs for our projects and business units.

We have three main business units that deliver projects. We are thinking of using one Folio for each project and each business unit, so that each project manager can manage the costs of his project, and the business unit manager can manage the costs of everyone in his unit.

For what we have tested so far, FOLIO is great for our needs, but we have encountered a problem with updating the wages. Each employee is going to be in at least two Folios: his project's and his business unit's. Actually, most of the employees are allocated to more than one project, in which case they are going to be in more than two Folios.

We have more than 100 employees and the wage of each employee changes at least 3 times a year. We have several active projects at the same time. Some projects last for more than a year, others for a few months. Some projects are frozen for indefinite periods of time. In short, it is almost impossible to manage the wages for everyone individually and on each Folio/project, even with the Import CSV functionality.

Ideally, it should be possible to centrally manage all the wages, because the wage for an employee is the same for all projects. However, we have failed to find this functionality in FOLIO. Is that right or have we overlooked something?

Is there any other way to automate this process?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kitologic Inc.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Hi Carlos,

There is no central wage management yet in FOLIO but we clearly want to make this available in a near future. (please follow FOLIO-435)

Until then, if you want to automate this you could push the wages via a custom application using FOLIO's REST calls (see REST API)

I hope this helps Carlos.

Cheers,
JC

Carlos Faganello June 5, 2014

Thanks, JC.

I'm gonna follow this Story and check out the REST API. If I have additional questions regarding it, I'll be in touch.

Cheers,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events