Added connection to conf/server.xml, rebooted, do not see connection

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

I'm trying to add a Cache connection to the SQL addon.  I initally tried it on the config page in the administration but I kept getting errors.  I decided to try the alternate method and I don't see the connection in the dropdown for the macro edit window.  I restarted the server and still don't see it.

Here is the context section of server.xml

<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
	<Manager pathname="" />
	<Resource name="jdbc/NewDSN"
		auth="Container"
		type="javax.sql.DataSource"
		username="redacted"
		password="redacted"
		maxActive="100"
		maxIdle="10"
		driverClassName="com.intersys.jdbc.CacheDriver"
		url="jdbc:Cache:redacted"
		validationQuery="Select 1"/>
</Context>

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

Okay so I figured it out.

I had to add the connection to the admin interface like below:

dataSource=NewDSN

Initially I had tried dataSource=jdbc/NewDSN since that was the "name" in the XML file. 

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2015

So I realized after you do this you still have to add the connection to the admin interface, which I did. So now it shows up in the dropdown, but when executed it says "jdbc/NewDSN" isn't found.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events