Ability to list JIRA issues and subtasks related to a specific structure on JIRA query panel

Michel Barros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Hi, Structure team!

We are testing Structure ADD-ON (still on TRIAL Version) and we miss of this kind of function facility to quickly list the issues and sub-tasks related to a specific structure.

Scenario:

As in Agile Boards, we have a function called inSprint, so when we need to encouter all the issues related to that Board, we simply use a JQL as follows:

[...] issueFunction in inSprint("BoardXYZ", "Sprint123")

Now, in structure ADD-ON, from what I could see, we don't have something similar to that. On the other hand, we can use something like this:

1. Write a JQL
  2. Go to menu > Export > Structure
  3. JIRA will show a structure screen and highlight all the issues related to the given JQL

As a strong recommendation, I think would be really nice, if you guys have a function to be used as follows on JIRA query panel:

[...] issueFunction in inStructure("BoardStructureXYZ")

Hope some response. Thanks again!

Michel

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michel Barros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

Hey Igor,

I've impressed with the power of this function. Awesome!

I've tested lots of combinations on my structure and got all control about the results. Fantastic.

I've put the documentation's link on my browse favorites and I'll play with S-JQL a little bit more for advanced queries.

Thanks a lot for all the support.

Cheers 4all over there! ;D

2 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2013

Hi Michel, we indeed do have this function - you almost guessed how it is used:

issue in structure("BoardStructureXYZ")

It is actually very advanced and allows you to select issues based on their relationships. See the documentation for details: https://wiki.almworks.com/x/coPE

Igor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events