Tim Ferriss' Productivity Workflow

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2019

I am a huge fan of Tim Ferriss - from his books and podcast, blogs, and 5-Bullet Friday. Recently I was thrilled to discover that Tim has a Trello Productivity Workflow Inspiration board.

tim.png

I instantly made a copy and explored all components. I love how he shares his ideas to try including: Pomodoro technique, 5 minute journaling, GTD Goal Setting, avoid checking email until an hour after rising, and doing the hardest thing first (eg. Eat the Frog technique).

The board starts with each day setting a top priority by moving a card from your Upcoming Priorities list to the #1 priority list. This is the task that you make your #1 priority for getting done that day. Then you have an upcoming priority list, and in progress and a blocked list (those tasks that are stalled because you are waiting on a component to move forward). Then a done list to capture your accomplishments.  

board.png

This board offers a simplified approach that is easy to implement, and I like that it focuses on priorities instead of lumping all the "busy work" and tedious every day tasks in your list which can be overwhelming and keep you from getting your priorities accomplished.

If you have not read Tim's books I highly recommend them. Here are a few of my insta photos from the past few years, and one I took this morning with Taco :)

thumbnail_IMG_6493.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7082.jpgtaco1.jpg

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events