cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My e-portfolio: using Trello to keep track of skills and experiences

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2019

~~~reposting to this group~~~

The days are flying by so fast, I can’t seem to slow things down no matter how hard I try. My memory is great; however, I can’t seem to remember vivid details or even highlights from each year of my career. One of my current Trello boards is my e-portfolio—I use it to keep track of all my accomplishments, courses and certifications, presentations, notes of appreciation, skills, and experiences, as well as a section for future training needs. It has been so helpful, I refer to it often and add to it weekly.

To create and/or update your own portfolio, here is a list of information I used to get started:

• Letters of reference
  • Resume
  • Lists of accomplishments
  • Samples of work
  • Courses and Certifications
  • Evidence of specific skills (e.g. writing, public speaking, leadership, event management)

I wrote an article previously called “Taking Stock a Collection of Your Transferable Skills” with more details.

I started with a paper portfolio, but over the years converted to digital, and then to Trello. It is so much easier now to organize and find things, a quick filter search instead of in the past having to sort through all the papers to find what I was looking for. With Trello I now have everything at my fingertips.

portfolio.png

What tips or practices do you use to keep track of your own work experiences, skills and accomplishments?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events