Keeping Active with Trello

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2019

I used to keep track of my daily fitness in my calendar, and sometimes not at all. Experts say that it is difficult to create a habit if we don't do something consecutively for at least 21 days. As the saying goes it takes 21 days to make (or break) a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle, so I wanted to keep myself accountable in the simplest way possible.

amorethanlittlemotivation48627.jpg

Since I already use Trello for all aspects of my life I created a Health and Fitness board, this was great for determining which activities and exercises I liked best or were most challenging, but I needed something more as an incentive for daily actions. I also tried the Trello Power-Up Card Repeater, but I wanted to be able to track my full progress in a quick glance.

I decided to keep everything in one card. I created a monthly checklist, and each day I  record what I had done. At the end of the month I would create the next month checklist, and move the checklist to the top of the card. I also added new challenges (squat, ab and arm challenges), as well as other exercises to the card to keep it for quick reference when I am travelling.

Here is what the outside of my Exercise checklist card looks like:

exercise 1.png

That checklist counter (up to 111 so far) on the bottom is what keeps me going, a bit of an incentive to see that number increase over time.

exercise 2.png

I could easily track my activity via Health tracker summaries etc, but for me I like to have this reminder in my master Trello board that I look at every day, so I keep exercise top of mind and a priority. Recording it manually each day is something I look forward to, tracking my daily progress. a sense of satisfaction crossing it off the list when it is done.

Do you use Trello for Exercise or other daily habits? I would love to hear your tips and tricks on this. please share in the comments below.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events