Career Development: Tips and Tricks with Trello - Event recap

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

On November 27th, Trello PEI held a "Career Development: Tips and Tricks with Trello" event at the University of Prince Edward Island. We had 23 individuals RSVP on the event registration and 16 participants attended the event. Not surprising that there were some no-shows as it turned out it was exam week at UPEI so some participants may have opted to get an extra hour of study before their 3-hour final exam. 

The participants in attendance had a wide range of experiences - some participants were students, some were early in their career and others with 20+ years in the workforce. We even had one participant attend from Ottawa as they were in Charlottetown for the week. We had  mix of participants who were new to Trello, to intermediate and advanced Trello users.

IMG_8692.jpg

Career Development was a timely topic as November is Career Month at the UPEI campus. Over lunch, we discussed how to use Trello for personal and professional, the Trello and Post-It Collaboration (for those that still love paper sticky notes),  and then we moved into how you can use Trello in all aspects of your career development journey. From virtual resumes and portfolio development, tracking your career search and everything in-between.

We went through some Trello inspiration boards using two articles I had written previously - to give a visual of the possibilities, and show how individuals can copy the template board and then adapt it to their needs and add their own information. 

Here are the two articles:

My e-portfolio: using Trello to keep track of skills and experiences

Using Trello for Job Search

It was a great group of participants and they had lots of excellent questions throughout the event. With the newly created Trello Events: PEI group on the Atlassian Community, I invited participants to continue the conversation online, and that additional resources have been shared from previous events as well.

Here are a few photos from the event, I was presenting so was able to snap a few in action:

IMG_8663.jpgIMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8655.JPGIMG_8660.jpg

1 comment

Comment

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2020

For those that attended this event, check out: 

"How I use Trello to Manage My Job Search" by @Alice Causarano 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events