Operation Lemonade

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

Due to impact of Covid-19 the in-person Atlassian Summit and the Atlassian Leader events were no longer possible. Everyone was very disappointed however the outstanding Atlassian Community jumped in and turned lemons into lemonade. "Operation Lemonade" was born and was held March 30th to April 3rd.

With a Trello board and tireless "behind the scenes" work by the Atlassian team, five days of interactive Atlassian Leader virtual sessions and events were held globally with over 500 Community Leaders. There was something for everyone across various time zones and sessions were recorded so if you missed one you could tune in on your own time.

I loved the use of the Power-Ups and it made registering and getting information about the agenda and sessions easy. You would start at the first column to register and fill out google forms and work your way across the board for each day of programming.

operation lemonade.png

The custom fields power-up was helpful to know who was hosting the session, as well as the start and end time of each session.

custom fields examples.png

custom fields.png

Another great power-up which I had not used before was the Countdown. This was particularly useful as the sessions were in the UTC timezone, but it would also countdown on the card so you would know in your own timezone when the sessions would begin. Super convenient!

countdown powerup.png

countdown features.png

It was an amazing experience and I loved being part of it! Since this year will also be virtual I am already looking forward to seeing what the incredible Atlassian Community Team has planned for 2021!

1 comment

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

@Jodi LeBlanc Thanks so much for the kind words, Jodi! Stephanie, in particular, worked very hard to ensure this process was as seamless as possible. Looking forward to more activities in the future!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2020

It was such an amazing week, can't wait to see what next year brings :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events