Premium Week: Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/ Confluence, Jira Software, Jira Service Management, & Trello

Gabby Williams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2022

Logos.png

To close out Premium Week, we’re bringing in the Atlassian Premium experts from Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence and Trello on Friday, November 18th.

If you’ve got a burning 🔥 question about Jira Advanced Roadmaps, need some help setting up the best Trello Automation to simplify your team workflows, want to dive deeper into something you learned during the Agile planning webinar, or just have product suggestions, we’ve got you covered!

Here’s what you need to do:

• Drop your questions on all things Premium in this discussion any time before or during the AMA, and/or:

• Up-vote 👍🏼 other questions that you find interesting to bring those to the top of the list

• At 10 am PDT on Friday, November 18th you can expect to see answers start rolling in from the team

You can join us here to ask follow-up questions and discuss further with other Community members and the Atlassian team, but we will also make sure to tag the members in our response so you can get the notification and access your answers in your own time.

We can't wait to hear your questions, see you here Friday, November 18th at 10am PDT to discover your answers!

18 answers

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

Will Atlassian ever offer a bundled discount if all your products that are on the premium subscription?  A premium bundle, Atlassian+  

4 votes
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2022
  1. JSM intake/triage concept questions. Are there any thought/development around the idea of "triage" for JSM Service Desks? Currently it is extremely clunky to move issues between types unless schemes are shared (for obvious reasons) and often times especially with an external customer base requests are submitted to incorrect category/types. This can be solved with custom scripting in DC environments, however automation limitations currently make solving for "triage" is very UI intensive for the agent. A4J offers no real way to autonomously move types because of migration/validation limitations. Is there anything in the roadmap to address/streamline this process?
  2. ITSM Template: Is there any intent to expand on the "work category" function? It would be nice to be able to add/remove types or make some adjustments to how this is displayed/organized, bending outside of the template. I know this is newer feature but it feels very flat and rigid in design currently.
  3. Will forms ever be able to support the attachments field, so that intake on the portal is streamlined and not so clunky/Ugly in the UI? We have a specific use case(s) with a very widespread audience that would significantly increase the adaptation of Atlassian stack with the inclusion on this feature.

Thank you!

justin.fleming November 18, 2022

Upvoting #3! Would love not have to have the attachment field separate and hanging out above the other form elements.

Like Steven Mustari likes this
3 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022
  1. How does Atlassian assess whether a current feature that may be available on Enterprise should also be opened up to Premium subscribers?
  2. During the product roadmapping, how does Atlassian determine the value of a feature to determine whether it should be Free, Standard, Premium or Enterprise?
  3. What is the #1 reason why Atlassian sees current customers chose to upgrade to Premium?
2 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

What percentage of Atlassian customers choose Standard, Premium and Enterprise? Is this something eligible in sharing with us? Number of users would also be interesting to see!

I would also agree with @John Funk about the knowing the best pricing strategy for really convincing an organization to go to Premium.

Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

This would be interesting to know!

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Will Jira Product Discovery be provided for free as a part of Premium? 

What's the best pricing strategy for convincing an organization to go to Premium? 

2 votes
swasti.agarwal November 16, 2022

Hey Team,

Can the recording of the webinar conducted be shared somehow with the community for the people who were interested but could not join like my other team members?

Agree! Overlap with our on-call Help Desk makes it hard for our team to attend a synchronous webinar.

Jeremy Cooley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2022

Hi there, 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Yes, the webinar is now available on-demand here: https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/agile-planning-with-atlassian-premium

Let me know if you have any issues accessing it. 

2 votes
Christel Gray November 14, 2022

Can you provide use cases / best practices of when we should create a custom issue type versus creating a new screen for existing issue types?

0 votes
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2022

Does Atlassian provide premium flat rate for all applications to an organization.

we have different cloud applications. we almost have 25k above user base including Data center. 

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2022

How, as Atlassian partner, can we have an overview about the upcoming features?

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

@Gabby Williams @Erika Storli 

Would like to see Bitbucket as well in the list of Premium week from next year, or when will it happen?

Any features planned to further increase the functionality of Advanced Roadmaps on Sprint Capacity Management

More control over Advanced Roadmaps via RBAC is required, any plans?

Have not seen, how Advanced Roadmaps can integrate/interact with Add-ons, any thoughts on this?

The Enterprise plan has a billing setup in such a way we have to take plugins for each site,  this is not convenient for the users who are spread across multiple sites, any thoughts on how we could remediate this?

My views on Trello views

1. Create a card from a Table view
2. Adding other Custom fields in table views
3. Share option with specific people in the workspace
4. Edit option is good to have

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes
Jonathan V. November 18, 2022

We are currently on Jira Server plan, and I was wondering if you think it would be worth getting Trello Premium, for the purposes of planning?

My company is very hesitant to move into cloud environments, but I think Trello might be a perfect option to dip our toes in.

Erika Storli
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2022

Hi Jonathan! Thanks for your question. I'm on the Trello team so I might be a bit biased, but I think considering Trello Premium as part of your team's planning is great to consider. We have a number of resources you can access here to learn more about Trello:

My fellow Trello teammates might have more to add here as thoughts, but I hope some of these resources are a helpful starting point for you to explore!

Like Jonathan V. likes this
Jordan Mirchev
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2022

Hi Jonathan. 100% to what Erika said. I just wanted to add this webinar resource from this edition of Premium Week in case you missed it. Here we cover brainstorming and planning with Trello and Jira. 

And specifically with Trello Premium you’d have more planning capabilities with Trello views. So if you need to visualize more time-based data points, Calendar and Timeline can be great for that. Hope this helps.

Like Jonathan V. likes this
Jonathan V. November 18, 2022

Thank you Erika/Jordan.

0 votes
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022
  1. Is Premium better than Enterprise or is it just different? 
  2. Will there ever be a way that users can access more features where an admin does not have to enable the feature for me? Or is this a matter of my admin being stingy?
  3. How can you convince my organization to move to Premium? 
0 votes
  • Would it be possible to have even more advanced embedding options in Confluence, allowing for more standard web embeds without having to incorporate third party add-ons?s
  • Is there any plan to add additional customization and branding options in the Jira Service Management portal, and even add options to differentiate that theme between Projects?
0 votes
Sam Thornton November 17, 2022
  1. Will any of the new premium features be available for data centre in the future?
  2. Will there be additional features to allow customisable HTML? For embedding widgets from Status Page, or integrating live chat?

Thanks!

0 votes
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2022

Do you plan to make changes to issue hierarchy possible for the Standard plan  Jira?

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2022

Are there any additional plans coming up soon, apart from the existing ones (Free, Standard, Premium, Enterprise)?

Jeremy Cooley
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2022

Hey Daniel - Thanks for stopping by! 

Atlassian doesn't have any plans to expand our pricing plans at this time.

I am curious to get your feedback on this question though. Anything on your mind regarding our pricing structure? Happy to share this internally.

0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Is there a course video for Jira Advanced Roadmaps ? I had a look at the Agile planning webinar, which provides an overview but would like to go in depth..

Erika Storli
Atlassian Team
November 18, 2022
0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

When will customer user management be allowed to Jira/site admins in JSM cloud ?

i.e. to set the display name, password, profile pic 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events