Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Team field

Jill Vieregge November 23, 2021

We are looking at going towards Premium, but I'm confused about Teams in Advanced Roadmaps and the Teams field being trialed in Standard Jira.

"The concept of Teams are now defined in Advanced Roadmaps which is associated with the sources identified above and can be managed and viewed directly in the Plan. A lead is associated to a Team and the team along with the leads contribute to the plan by managing capacity and scope."

VS 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Early-access-program-for-a-brand-new-Team-field-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/1833946?utm_source=list&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=lifecycle_BAU_monthly&utm_content=jira-community-newsletter_EML-11280&jobid=105278267&subid=1637733031

I'm guessing that the Teams field exists in Jira Premium and is used by Advanced Roadmaps??

Thanks

1 comment

Comment

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

@Jill Vieregge -

Hi Jill:

Welcome to the community.  The team field (associated with AR for Jira plan) is only visible and can be used (i.e. assigned) in the AR Plan UI only by default.

However, if you are using Jira Software/JSM, you can add this field to your project's issue screens.  The recommended action for this activity is to only expose it to the Issue View screen, so any update against the field is done via the AR for Jira Plan's UI.

NOTE - If you want to update the field directly via the issue, then you will need to add it to the Issue Edit screen. (it is not recommended, but it is possible).  To edit the field, then you will need to make your plan's team or create team as "SHARED" team type.  Otherwise, it will not work.  Again, it is because assignment to this field should be done via the AR for Jira Plan's UI.

In regards to the "Teams" EAP in JSM, it is completely different than the AR for Jira product as far as I know of.  We have not participated in the EAP.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Like Greg Steiniger likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events