Unlimited Automation Makes Premium Worth It for Us

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

I have to say that I was very skeptical of moving to a Premium subscription for Jira Software and Jira Service Management. To be honest, it was a huge price jump for us at the beginning. 

But our organization had fully bought into the Jira family of tools and our productivity gains were fantastic! And then the acquisition on Code Barrell and the Automation for Jira tool happened and things got a little tense. We had become dependent on the Automation rules, especially multiple project ones. 

So, we were kind of forced into Premium, and while it was more expensive than we had hoped, it would have been much worse to lose the automation. But then after we were fully signed up, additional tools began to be added such as integrated OpsGenie and now Insight. And with the unlimited Automation rules, our continued productivity gains continued to outpace the costs. 

Just today, I was going to search the Automation audit log for a rule that had fired a couple of days ago. I realized that after 27 pages of searching, I was still just on the rules that had executed YESTERDAY! Amazing!

With that much automation firing, our teams have so much less menial tasks to do and data is shared and updated with ease.   :-)

1 comment

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

I agree with you @John Funk ! Automation for Jira is really an indispensable feature in Jira today.

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events