Favorite premium feature for Confluence

Susanne Eriksson November 16, 2021

From a user perspective the one feature we get a lot of appritation for is analytics. It helps the project manager to better understand what content is needed and to make smarter decisions in managing the project. As for me as an admin I highly value releasetracks and sandbox feature. I'm definitely curios about the coming feature of external collaboration, I'll be looking for updates about this :)

2 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2021

@Susanne Eriksson Glad to know that you like those premium features. I have not used much of these features, but I would like to know what is the use of Sandbox feature in cloud. Is it used for doing any testing of any customizations before propagating them to PROD cloud instance? What else it is used for?

Like Susanne Eriksson likes this
Susanne Eriksson November 18, 2021

Yes, we have used it for testing when making bigger changes/customizations before adding it to our prod enviroment, and also when testing global configuration changes. Previously we had to create a new instance (trial) if we wanted to test something and not use our prod enviroment and that wasn't quite a hassle. 

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

@Susanne Eriksson thanks for your response and clarification.

I was also wondering if the sandboxes are also accessible to Cloud product users in case they want to do UAT for such changes/customizations. Or, are they only a Cloud Admin feature and available only to Cloud Admins for testing any changes or new features?

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Love the love for analytics <3

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events