Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

✨ Welcome to the next era of Jira Premium

Yesterday at Team ‘24, we announced the next era of Jira to unleash the full potential of every team. We’re doing this by bringing together the best of Jira Software and Jira Work Management into a single project management tool, so all your teams now have a shared place to get sh*t done.

Check out the new features and enhancements below to learn how we’re taking Premium to the next level to kick off the next era of Jira.

⚒️ Break down cross-organizational goals with Plans

Jira Work Management Overviews and Jira Software Plans have been combined into one advanced planning feature, Jira Plans. This means developers, marketers, designers, and every team in between, can now track org-wide goals and projects within a single source of truth. No more delivery plans in one tool and go-to-market strategies in another; everything and everyone can stay aligned with Plans.

We’ve added and enhanced features to ensure all teams feel right at home in Plans:

What’s new

• New calendar view: view, filter, and search the calendar to keep track of deadlines. Drag and drop issues to instantly change the dates.

jira-plans-calendar.png

• Enhanced summary view: get actionable insights at the top for issues that require attention and see the status overview chart for a quick snapshot of how work is progressing.

jira-plans-summary.png

🗒️ Note: If you currently have access to Plans, all your overviews will be migrated and you won't be able to use the Overviews feature anymore. You will find a plan of the same name in your recent list. If you don't have access to Plans, you'll continue to have access to Overviews until future license updates.

Hit fast forward with Atlassian Intelligence

With Jira Plans, teams stay in sync; add Atlassian Intelligence and teams soar. Work smarter by focusing on the highest impact work only your teams can do and let AI-powered features handle the rest.

In case you missed it

What’s new

• AI automation: explain any requirement or action you want to automate in everyday, natural language, and Atlassian Intelligence will create an automation rule for you.

jira-ai-issue-create.png

• AI work breakdown (currently rolling out to Jira Premium and Enterprise users in beta): get suggestions for breaking epics into issues, or issues into sub-tasks.

jira-nlp-automation.png

➡️ Learn about new AI features coming soon to Jira!

9 comments

Comment

leandropbarreto May 2, 2024

Thats great, congrats team!! :) 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Thanks for this summary! Looking forward to more JWM features in our Jira Premium instance soon. Will we be able to use forms to gather bugs and feature requests from users that will automatically be placed in the product backlog for review?

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

With JWM Overviews moving to the Plans menu, does that mean that users now have to be members of the Plans User permission under Plans Global Permissions in order to create what was previously an Overview for JWM projects? Did a user previously require additional permissions to create a JWM Overview? I don't recall, but I think they did not. 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 3.27.47 PM.png

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

Thank you for breaking it down

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2024

@Carol Jang Please see my other question in the comments, plus this new question.

In an instance where both JWM and JSW production subscription exist and a user has been given only a JWM license, with this move do they now need a JSW license in order to create a Plan, to access the JWM Overview functionality they previously had only with a JWM license.

There is a community Question that makes it sound like having a JSW license and being added to the Plans Global Permissions might be required now to get the same functionality through Plans that was previously available with a JWM license and JWM Overviews.

Like # people like this
Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

With JWM Overviews moving to the Plans menu, does that mean that users now have to be members of the Plans User permission under Plans Global Permissions in order to create what was previously an Overview for JWM projects? Did a user previously require additional permissions to create a JWM Overview? I don't recall, but I think they did not. 

Yes, this is correct, users have to be members of the Plans User permission to be able to create new Plans, while previously users didn’t require additional permissions to create a JWM Overview.

With your question re: 

with this move do they now need a JSW license in order to create a Plan, to access the JWM Overview functionality they previously had only with a JWM license.

There is a community Question that makes it sound like having a JSW license and being added to the Plans Global Permissions might be required now to get the same functionality through Plans that was previously available with a JWM license and JWM Overviews.

This is also correct; they now need a Jira license (there’s no more “JSW license”) and the correct Plans Global Permissions in order to create a new Plan or make changes to the existing Plan.

Please note:

• We have only moved created Overviews to Plans for users who have access to both. If they only have Plans Viewer permission, you might want to give these users Plans User permission

• If you have users who only have a JWM Premium license, their previously created Overviews are still available for them to use. If you want them to start using Plans earlier, you need to give them a Jira license and ensure the Plans Global Permissions are set how you want them to be - Update 15th May: Please note that for users who only have a JWM Premium license and didn't have any Overviews, they are not able to create new Overviews at the moment. We are looking into this. 

• Otherwise, in early 2025, as specified here in the FAQ page,  there is a subscription migration starting from early 2025. After migration, there will be no more separate JSW Jira licenses or JWM licenses; instead, all users will just be on one Jira license.

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2024

Hello @Irene 

Thank you for your replies.

re:

If you have users who only have a JWM license, Overviews are still available for them to use. 

What if you add a new user to the site and give them only a JWM license? 

For your reference, I'm asking these questions based on this community Question:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Work-Management-Questions/New-invited-user-in-premium-subs-can-not-create-an-overview/qaq-p/2689683

They seem to be having some trouble with new JWM-only users being unable to access Overviews. I don't have an environment where I can work on trying to recreate the scenario, unfortunately. I have recommended that they open a support case so that they can get help from an Atlassian Team member who would be able to access their environment directly.

Savannah Ehrhardt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

Per the FAQ, users with a JSM license but no Jira license will still be able to use business projects like they can today. Users like this currently have access to Overviews, though. Once the subscriptions are fully migrated, it sounds like they will lose Overviews and not gain access to Plans, and so have their existing functionality reduced. Is that accurate? Is that the only functionality they will lose?

(I asked this in a ticket as well, but I wanted to confirm here so others who are impacted are aware.)

Irene
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2024

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

We have done further investigation and I have added an update to my previous reply. 

This also impacts a new user added to the site and only given JWM Premium license. At the moment, they are not able to create new Overviews. We are looking into this, and will provide an update as soon as we can. 

I want to also mention our thanks for answering these questions regarding Overviews and Plans. Your effort is much appreciated. If you have further questions about this area, or see more questions on this, feel free to tag me directly. 

I will provide a response to the other community post questions as well. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events