Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sr. Jira Administrator Mikael Sandberg shares his favorite Cloud Premium features

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 12.58.33 PM.jpg

As part of Premium week, we’re highlighting one of our Community Leaders, @Mikael Sandberg! You may recognize Mikael from his involvement throughout our Atlassian Community and may have read his tips in the past on becoming double-certified.

To get us ready for Premium week, we're sharing his path with Atlassian products, his favorite Premium features that you might enjoy, and how they make his job easier.

Tell us about your role!

My title is Senior Jira Administrator, but I maintain all the Atlassian products that we are using here at Outreach

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 1.00.36 PM.jpg

What did you want to be when you grew up, and what was your path to your role today?

Growing up I wanted to be an air traffic controller, but a school nurse told me that I was color blind (which isn’t true…). While studying Informatics at the University of Boras, I became interested in Software Configuration Management and ended up as a ClearCase/ClearQuest admin and doing that for 10+ years.

In 2012, the company I worked for at the time wanted to find a new test management tool, which led to us looking at the current IBM Rational toolset we used and decided to migrate over to Atlassian’s products, and that is how I got started with Atlassian.

Up until I started at Outreach, I was mainly using Atlassian’s server products, but now it is all Cloud, and I have to say that Cloud is growing on me. 

What do you do for fun outside of work?

As a dad to two pre-teen daughters I don’t have that much time for anything else, but I do enjoy going to the local driving range from time to time. And we like visiting the local brewery and food trucks.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 1.00.42 PM.jpg

How do Atlassian Premium products make your job easier, and what’s the coolest workflow you’ve built across multiple Atlassian Premium products?

Outreach sort of got grandfathered into Atlassian Premium since we used some of the apps that are now part of the Premium offering. Insight for Jira is helping us surface more data in our requests, and we are exploring adding more objects and attributes to include even more.

Jira Service Management and Halp have been a success so far; not only does Halp help the IT team but it is also helping our Security team by having the auto-answers for the most common questions they get.

Which teams in your organization use Jira Service Management Premium?

Almost every business team at Outreach is using Jira Service Management Premium, from IT to Legal to our people team.

Not only do we use it for service requests, it will also play an important part of our change management process and making it standardized across our business teams.

Which Jira Software Premium feature can you not live without?

Automation. We use Automation in all of our projects, and have about 50,000 executions per month. And it is not just in Jira Software that we are using it, it plays a big part in our JSM setup as well.

We use it for anything and everything, for example we use it to notify teams via Slack about urgent bugs reported by our support teams.

Which Confluence Premium feature has been the most beneficial to your and/or your team?

Our enablement team wanted a way to get analytics about their documentation in Confluence, and it was around that time that Atlassian announced Analytics as part of the Premium offering, so we jumped onboard.

And being able to see analytics at the Space Level as well as Page level is helping us to see which pages get the most traffic and which ones that we should either redo or archive.

Thanks, Mikael! Drop your questions on Premium for Mikael below in the comments. 👇🏼 Learn more about Atlassian Cloud Premium, and keep an eye out for more Premium Week fun to come soon!

18 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

@Sharon Tan Thanks for sharing this Premium week article.

@Mikael Sandberg It is great to learn about your experiences with Atlassian Premium Cloud Products and their premium features that you found so useful.

Like # people like this
Gabby Williams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg this is awesome! Glad to hear that Cloud is growing on you ☁️ ✨

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Thanks you for this interview @Mikael Sandberg & @Sharon Tan!
Great article to start of the Premium Week. 💎

Like # people like this
Ash November 15, 2021

My question is! Was that a Guinness? :)

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

A great interview @Sharon Tan and interviewee @Mikael Sandberg 🙌 thoroughly enjoyed this article and learning perspectives from other organisations needs. 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
MiMi Lane November 16, 2021

I did not know about Analytics for Confluence Spaces - that's going to be a great tool for us as we look to "clean up" our spaces. Thanks!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

@Ash No, that was not a Guinness, that was a Lake Town Brown Ale from Lake Stevens Brewing Co.

Like John Funk likes this
Jeanie Hioki November 16, 2021

You have a beautiful family.  Thanks for sharing.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

Awesome post - thanks for helping us get to know you a little better!

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

Firstly I liked the "all smiles family picture" that speaks of the joy in the work. Secondly, "analytics" is one of my favorite features that speaks of the stakeholders' interested space/ pages and content.

And @Mikael Sandberg your journey is nice and thank you for giving a glimpse about your role.

Mamta Chaube
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

beautiful family <3. thanks for sharing 

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2021

Wonderful interview, thanks for sharing!

@Mikael Sandberg , @Sharon Tan , you've done a great job!

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2021

Thanks for sharing this article @Sharon Tan 

Learning about your experiences with Atlassian Premium Cloud Products and their premium features that you found so useful is so great, Michael.

And I'm glad to hear that Cloud is growing on you. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg Great interview.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

Wow, 50,000 automation executions per month is amazing! Great post!

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2021

Thank you for the insight!  And, what a beautiful family.  Great photos too!

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2021

I agree that Automation is really a huge benefit for Premium :)

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Sharon Tan . @Mikael Sandberg - Keep smiling and love to such family snaps! I think this is one of the best part of this community and really helps to know each other.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events