Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Week: Get inside Atlassian Premium products with 9 tips from the pros

WELCOME TO DAY 3️⃣ OF PREMIUM WEEK!

Reminder: It’s Collaboration matchmaking time! We’re curating 1:1 conversations between Community members for Premium Week! If you signed up, keep an eye out for your invite today.

But even if you aren’t participating, you can still get some Premium tips to supercharge your work. We’ve got 9 insider tips from Atlassians and customers to help you learn more about Premium features and get the most out of your Atlassian tools.

No matter how familiar you are with the different views in Trello, Jira Advanced Roadmaps, or Analytics in Confluence Cloud, it's always insightful to see how others use them together in their projects every day.

1️⃣ Girish Shenoy (@Girish Shenoy) on Jira Service Management Premium for asset management

Head, Technical Services, MicroGenesis Techsoft Pvt Ltd

Girish.001.jpeg

"We use JSM to track our customer support contracts using Asset Management functionality, we use the same to notify an IT Agent within JSM ticket that this customer is out of support contract if they are out of support warranty."

2️⃣ Curt Holley (@Curt Holley) on Jira Premium automation

Atlassian Solutions Consultant, Sentify

premium week.002.jpeg

"I love Jira Premium (Software & Service Management) because of the Global and Multiple project Automation for Jira rules allows me to offer many scaled solutions otherwise not possible in native Jira. For example: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins-articles/Weighted-Shortest-Job-First-WSJF-made-easy-with-Jira-Premium/ba-p/1694363."

3️⃣ Manon (@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_) on Confluence Premium Analytics

Consultant, Twybee

manon.001.jpeg

"I love Confluence Premium because the Analytics feature allows me to identify unread content and improve its visibility."

4️⃣ Céline (@Céline Coppens) on Trello Premium automation

Twybee

premium week.003.jpeg

"I like Trello Premium because I like saving time with the automations. My favorite part is that when I create a card with a "Blog post" tag, a checklist is added directly. I created a Trello automation help table for the French audience. Take a look at it: https://twyb.ee/AutomationTrello."

5️⃣ Mikael Sandberg (@Mikael Sandberg) on Jira Service Management Premium automation

Sr Systems Engineer, Outreach

premium week.004.jpeg

"I love Jira Service Management Premium because the Automation feature allows us to fully automate application access among other things that we use Automation for."

6️⃣ Pramodh Kumar M (@Pramodh M) on Jira Premium Advanced Roadmaps

DevSecOps Consultant, DevTools

premium week.005.jpeg

"We leverage Jira Advanced Roadmaps which has Cross project releases feature that can be used to manage versions across different projects and unify version releases in Advanced Roadmaps. The use case is each of the module of single web app are tracked in different projects since there is compliance requirement to have the data separately with transparency.

All the Project boards are included in Advanced Roadmaps for the issues to be visible and get to see the progress. Along with Sprint Capacity Management in Advanced Roadmaps we are able to flexibly configure release management through cross project releases.

Global Automation has helped with placeholder for creating future releases as and when a version is released. Placeholder for a new Sprint to be created as and when a Sprint is closed. Checking for the Stale Issues and intimating assignees to take an action to update the issues.

Teams have also leveraged Advanced Roadmaps to observe their own issues by means of having separate plans and managing any issue updates and views suitable to them which inturn has helped them to work in Jira in a more flexible way to update the issues in one go and review them all at once. It's also useful to see where they stand with the releasing the issues standpoint and where they are, what their progress is w.r.to other teams.

Global Automation also help us analyze the usage across multiple projects and how automations are successful."

7️⃣ Brittany Joiner (@Brittany Joiner) on Trello Premium Timeline and Map View

Trello Architect & Automation Enthusiast

premium week.006.jpeg

"View in Trello Premium! I love Timeline view - It's the best way to view cards by their due date and plotted against other things, like members or lists. I also really like the Map View when I'm planning a trip or need to visualize jobs by location."

8️⃣ Cynthia Tu on Trello Premium Workspace Views

Product Marketing Manager, Trello

premium week.007.jpeg

"You may already know about our various Trello views, (Calendar, Table, Timeline, Map, Dashboard) but don't forget about our Workspace views! You can use Workspace views to track all your work and your team's work across multiple boards and projects in one single view! If you have a high-priority project, use Workspace Table or Calendar view to see all the tasks assigned to you and the deadline for each.

ICYMI Trello has keyboard shortcuts! You can use keyboard shortcuts for more swift and efficient planning and work on Trello boards. :) https://trello.com/shortcuts"

9️⃣ Kerli Loopman (@Kerli Loopman) on Jira Service Management Premium asset management

Atlassian Cloud Administrator

premium week.008.jpeg

"I love to use assets object custom fields instead of regular custom fields to keep all issues related to the Asset related to the issue. Most of the linking with Assets is done by Automation that searches relevant words from summary or description or just connects component to Asset."

We hope you can take some of these real-life examples and implement them today with your team! Let us know your favorite tip below or add your questions to our AMA on Friday!

And don't forget...

• ✨ Trello Views - during Premium Week, everyone gets access to Trello Views (Timelines, Tables, Calendars, and more). No action needed to access these new views – just log in to get started!

• 💙 Ready for a Premium trial? We’re supercharging our commitment to a good cause with a donation for every Premium Trial started this week. Learn more about our free Premium trials for Trello, Jira, and Confluence here.

21 comments

Comment

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

@Emily Dang Thanks for sharing

Happy to see various thoughts on Premium features in Atlassian Products and how they are used!!

Like # people like this
Céline Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

So proud to be in this list 🎉

Like # people like this
Amine November 16, 2022

Thank you @Emily Dang  for this great content

Like Sharon Tan likes this
Jonathan V. November 16, 2022

I liked the use of Jira Advanced Roadmaps to highlight releases across projects. This is something that we constantly encounter, as we manage multiple apps, with their own projects.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Great tips from some very trusted community members. I have never used the Trello Workspace View and will begin checking it out today.

Like # people like this
Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Great tips all round my tip highlights were the use of Confluence analytics to identify unread content to boost it and the use of Trello Map Views to view jobs by location. 

I can't wait to check the features I was not familiar with. 

Like # people like this
Christel Gray November 16, 2022

I agree with the usefulness of automation in Jira Cloud Premium. It's been a sanity saver for doing repetitive tasks.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

@Emily Dang Thanks for putting this together.

Like # people like this
Andrés Sabatini
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Great tips .. Thanks for the article

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2022

Awesome, very useful tricks and hints, indeed! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
swasti.agarwal November 17, 2022

Nice to read through these huge lists of pro-tips and learn from them!

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Thanks for these tips!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

I am always ready for some tips and how do things better! Thanks to the group for sharing theirs!

Like # people like this
Sharon Halpin November 17, 2022

I'm really glad I joined Premium Week.

At the start of the week I assumed Premium would be overkill and not relevant for me but nevertheless still curious. I'm a team of one with multiple small businesses and production line of new projects in a myriad of verticals - not exactly Atlassian's target customer.

I had intended to upgrade to Standard but now towards the end of the week I'm beginning to realise just how relevant and valuable Premium could be even for a one-person team. Premium trials here I come! Thank you Atlassian and the Community.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Free tips are always welcome! Thanx to all who contributed!

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2022

Thanks for all the tips @Emily Dang! My favorite tip is the advanced roadmaps. As a product owner, I use roadmaps a lot and am always looking for new ways to create a roadmap. It sounds like I would love the cross-project release management and the release notes features! I need to have my admin look into premium! My company needs it! 

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2022

With automation in Jira Service management you can set up / automate very nice functionalities.

justin_fleming November 18, 2022

I love that we can use Confluence Premium to create internal calendars for projects, recurring initiatives, and more.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

Nice post, one big take away for me is that there is still so much to learn! There are so many great solutions to different scenarios. Great inspiration!

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2022

@Emily Dang 

great tips and good information 

thank you for sharing 

vikram P

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events