Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Week: Dream Teams, Assemble!

No, you’re not dreaming, it’s finally here – Day 1 of Atlassian Premium Week! 🥳 We hope you’re well-rested and ready to go because you can consider this your official draft call: we’re recruiting you to join our ✨Dream Team Fantasy League.

While we may not be ~experts~ in fantasy league sports, Atlassians share a common understanding with General Managers of athletic franchises: the value of a cohesive team made up of diverse individuals and strengths. 🤝 So, who got the call-up for our fantasy league roster? We’d fumble an attempt at using sports metaphors to describe the roles of our team members, so without further ado, our ✨dream team: 

While the premium editions of Confluence, Jira Software, and Jira Service Management are all ⭐️stars in their own right, they’re even better together, elevating teamwork with advanced, multi-team product features that expand end-user collaboration, which is why we picked them for our ✨dream team.

🏆 Now, we’re punting it to you for today’s prize entry activity: kick-off Premium Week by assembling your dream team! Join the Fantasy League and enter to win Premium Week prizes by commenting on this article with your response to the prompt below. Who would you recruit to join YOUR dream team?

• What 5 people would you draft and why? What is their strength or what role do they fulfill on your team?

• Team members can be real colleagues, fellow members of the Atlassian Community, celebrities, or fictional characters

• Bonus entry opportunities (10 points each):

• Join the new Premium Group here on Atlassian Community: Premium

• Tag up to 5 team members who belong to the Atlassian Community

• Mention an Atlassian Premium feature and how your dream team would make use of it

DREAM TEAMS, ASSEMBLE! 

--

*You can keep track of all Premium Week activities here: Announcing: Premium Week!

13 comments

Comment

Ash November 14, 2021

This was tough and I ended up going with 'famous' personalities. Might as well go big right :)

Marty Cagan - Marty is a no BS true product leader. With Marty at the helm of strategy, you know the right call is going to be made at the right time. If you've read any of his work, you'll know there is real tangible action to the guy!

Patty McCord - Although Patty's background is in HR, she would deliver pragmatic thinking at every turn, not to mention her wealth of experience. It speaks for itself really. She would be truly amazing in any room.

Lenora Porter - The brightest in engineering and design right now. Lenora doesn't just create amazing solutions, she's a community builder too.

Peter McKinnon - He's a wild card but every product team needs one! He's an amazing communicator with an infectious personality, this guy will nail your product lead marketing through true story telling. Plus he loves tech.

Last but not least Ryan Singer - Shape up guy, and all around amazing thinking and doer. Shape up changed people's thinking for the better, as does Ryan.

Like # people like this
Jeanie Hioki November 15, 2021

1. Forrest Gump - he would never give up and will always bring fresh ideas to the team

2. Jane Eyre - she has seen a lot of heartaches but always stays true to herself.

3. Hosea (from the Bible) - he followed "the plan" even though it meant personal hardship for himself.

4. Tess McGill (Working Girl) - she was adaptive and stayed on her toes even in adversity.

5. Any of the female NASA scientists (Hidden Figures) - they were smart, tenacious, and fierce!

Note:  my current team members already possess a lot of the qualities that I admire in my dream team

Like # people like this
Christel Gray November 15, 2021

My dream team:

1. and 2. Cole Basta and Joan Shy because they stepped up to learn how to be Atlassian administrators to help take the load of a lot of what i do.

3. Ryan Reynolds because I know he'd find fun ways to train the teams and keep us laughing.

4. Richard Branson because he'd set a great example of how to lead to help others become leaders.

5. Captain Kathryn Janeway because she is a strong female leader who listens to her crew and always has their best in mind.

• Bonus entry opportunities (10 points each):
o Join the new Premium Group here on Atlassian Community: Premium: already a member :)
o Tag up to 5 team members who belong to the Atlassian Community: @Cole Basta (can't tag Joan)
o Mention an Atlassian Premium feature and how your dream team would make use of it: Advanced Roadmaps, use it everyday to help organize and prioritize the backlog. 

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021
  1. @Clint Young - Excellent project manager, training, and team leader.
  2. Daniel Ornelas - Top-notch developer that is able to find a solution to any problem.  
  3. Theresa Lehman - Great marketing mind, communications, and creative thinker.  
  4. Tracy W - Excellent engineer.
  5. Jeff Bezos - To fund whatever it is we are working on.

Choosing just one premium feature is difficult to do.  Unlimited storage, admin insights, and the ability to archive are great features I think individuals need to use more often. 

Like # people like this
Clint Young November 15, 2021
  • @Brant Schroeder - The brains of the operation, leader, visionary
  • Jason Bittle - Best designer west of the Rockies
  • Nate Owen - Best designer east of the Rockies
  • Adam Griffin - IT manager extraordinaire
  • Jack Bauer - Because whenever you assemble a team, and you can have fictional characters, you chose Jack Bower. He can do more in 24 hours than most do in a lifetime.

Team Calendars - The premium feature that speaks for itself.

Like # people like this
MiMi Lane November 16, 2021
  • Leia Organa - a great leader and not a bad shot when it counts!
  • Rey Skywalker - problem-solver, tenacious, never gives up - works well alone or in a team
  • Maz Kanata - resourceful, knows all the details, great at keeping up with artifacts
  • Amilyn Holdo - excellent backup PM and she will take one for the team, if it comes to that
  • Ahsoka Tano - a voice of reason, quiet strength to keep the team on task
Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

My all time favorite dream team:

1. Ram Prasath: The visionary manager who plays with Jira tools and a humble person.
  2. Christian Lopez: The admin who plays with Jira and confluence features on his fingers and an absolute pleasure to interact on Atlassian tools usage.
  3. Deb: The brain behind the Confluence page set up's and votes for less meetings, more on confluence.
  4. @Naren Harinarayan
  5. @Sweta Preeti : Whose main documentation is Confluence and Jira.

Listed are my favorite premium features (our current projects haven't been using premium, but from my previous organization):  Sandbox, Release tracks, Analytics and Advanced roadmaps.

If I have to tag 5 Atlassian community members, then here it goes @Svenja Lorenzen @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ @tamanna @Anna-BigPicture @Naren Harinarayan

Like # people like this
Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

Day 1 of Premium Week daily drawing winners 🏆

Keep an eye out for an email from @Gabby Williams letting you know how to redeem your prize. 😊

*You can still qualify for the grand prize so keep participating to earn more entries! 

Drumroll, please.....🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

Congratulations @Vadym Vyshnevskyi@Alexander Bondarev@Jeanie Hioki@hakeem_olasupo@Brant Schroeder 👏

Like # people like this
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2021

My dream team is 

Edwin, the Jira master

Dave, the project master

Ming Yin, the ISO en Agile master

Stefan, the script King

Carl, the King of service management

And

Rade, he can everything

And the sandbox is my favourite. I like to play  :-) 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

My dream team is bringing together people that I know I work very well with.  Let's Go!

@Norma Seddon 

@Josh Klassen 

@Fun Man Andy 

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon amen to THAT! Best dream team EVER! Ragtags for LIFE!!!! Aiiiieeeeee....!!!!!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

Michael Jordan

Larry Byrd

Lebron James

Wilt Chamberlain

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

....lol

Like # people like this
Stephen Bush November 19, 2021

Look forward to the finale!

TAGS
AUG Leaders