Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Premium Search Analytics just got better!

Hi Community! 👋 

I'm Emily Ditchfield, a Product Manager focused on building analytics based features for Confluence Cloud. I’m super excited to share details on our new and improved Premium feature - Search Analytics. The team has been working hard to give our admins a deeper understanding of how successful user searches are, and which pages or spaces users land on for each search term. To access this improved feature head over to Site Analytics.

d10bbf3f-65fa-4e8a-b932-b1cc6586a4fd.png

🔎  Search term details and outcomes

Search analytics now dives into each individual search term providing details on:

• Searches over time (Is this trending?)

• Click through rate over time (Is that new page you added to your knowledge base working?)

• Most selected pages from the search term (where did your users end up during their search journey?)

• Most visited spaces from the search term (are there spaces with duplicate information and concepts?)

These details give you a deeper insight into your users' journeys throughout Confluence, and can help to provide data on key searches in your organisation!

:ear: No more noise

We’ve upgraded our backend to remove the nonsense search terms that used to display in your search analytics. This ensures that the details you’re seeing are more useful and relevant than ever before!

:paintbrush: A fresh lick of paint

While we’ve been at it, we’ve also upgraded the Space and Site analytics overviews to contain more detail. Get information, at a glance on the overview tabs, about your top viewers, spaces, and searches in Site analytics, and top viewers, contributors and pages in Space analytics.

ba0470c0-f266-45ed-acc1-083d72121a62.png

84de1d86-ea13-468b-8f66-3d6efc454971.png

We’re rolling this feature out to our Premium customers as an Exclusive Early Release during Premium Week. We’re working on some final touches for the most visited spaces aspect of this feature, so this will become available in a few weeks for you. We hope you enjoy this new feature!

Leave any feedback or questions below in the comments — I’ll be answering questions live from Sydney 🇦🇺  ! Check below for your timezone to join!

• Australian Eastern Daylight Time: Friday, November 19th, 9a - 11a

• Pacific Time: Thursday, November 18th, 2p - 4p

• Eastern Time: Thursday, November 18th, 5p - 7p

14 comments

Comment

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

Wow, what an amazing treat for Premium week! I can't tell you how excited I am for this feature release, count me in for the Eastern Time session 🤗

Like • # people like this
Anna Sakhno November 18, 2021

It looks great!

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro November 18, 2021

It's fabulous to see this release! Fantastic!

I'm pretty enthusiastic about it. 

Like • G subramanyam likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

This looks like a great new feature!

Like • Emily Ditchfield likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

Thank you @Emily Ditchfield for the new additions. The revamped UI looks pretty clean, more appealing and easy to navigate.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

O-M-G. Cannot wait for my instance to update with these. This is a great addition to something I just posted in the Premium Week Hackathon yesterday:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Premium-articles/Premium-Week-Hackathon/ba-p/1839433#M119

Looking forward to playing with this new interface and creating more Confluence traction in my organization! Great article @Emily Ditchfield

Ross November 18, 2021

Confluence is Awesome 🙂

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

Wow!  This is really cool!  I know a number of power users at our company that will love to hear about this.

Thank you!

Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2021

I’m so happy to see such positive feedback on this feature. I’ll be checking the post and answering any questions for the next couple of hours!

One of my personal favourite aspects of this feature is seeing changes when new projects or initiatives have been announced. You can not only see where people are going based on the new search term but also the popularity of that search term over time!

Like • # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2021

Thank you for sharing @Emily Ditchfield this was much needed feature. 

For a specific term, does it provide insight of top pages (eg: Top 10 or 20) that are being returned by the search.

Stephen Bush November 19, 2021

Great to see this feature!

Emily Ditchfield
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2021

@Kishan Sharma Thanks for your feedback! We were keen to give our admins a signal for what their users are looking for and where they're actually ending up from searches. So, for a specific term this feature will show up to the top 8 pages and up to the top 4 spaces that your users are clicking on and going to from a search.

If you're keen to see the kinds of pages that are being returned from the search, heading to advanced search and typing that term in will give you a signal for what could be returned. 

Like • Kishan Sharma likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

Thank you @Emily Ditchfield for the information.

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2022

Amazing feature.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events