Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't a release show up in Portfolio

Jacob Peebles September 1, 2017

I have a release which will not display in portfolio. I have checked its settings against other releases and see no differences...it simply does not show up at all when I go to releases and search for it.

Any ideas? This is pretty frustrating as this release contains a number of epics which also do not show...I'm assuming because they are related to this invisible release.

Thanks,

Jake

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2017

Are those Epics and Release part of the source data of your Portfolio Plan?

Have a look at your Plan settings:

• Plan / Configure (through the button with ... next to the Plan's name)
  • Select Issue Sources from the options on the list
  • Click the Edit Sources button

You will then be guided through the wizard that was initially shown when you first set up your plan. Check whether all your projects are included in the selection on Step 1. In step 2, you may include additional releases if they are there. Step 3 are your issues (so Epics too).

You should be able to locate everything there and fix issues with the data selection, if that's what is causing your issue.

Jacob Peebles September 2, 2017

Okay, so this appeared to be the potential issue, the Initiative in question was not selected. So...

- I selected it

- Tried to move to the next step, step 3 but got this error on page...

Can't save settings.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jake

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2017

One thing you might check, is whether all issue types in the project selection are configured in Portfolio's Hierarchy Configuration.

All issue types you import, must be mapped to a hierarchy level. You find this in the Administration section of the Portfolio addon (In the JIRA menu: Portfolio / Administration and then Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration.

If it's not that or you can't figure it out, do what the error message says and send the details of the error to Atlassian support, so they can help you figure out what went wrong exactly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events