Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't I get overbooked capacity in red?

fesjes October 2, 2018

So, basically, in the documentation, I found something like this:

jiraoverbooked.PNG

when I look at my schedule, I also have releases with a fixed release date, but I don't get the red indicator which should tell me how much I'm overbooked. I only get the "bottleneck" info. While my release is overbooked. For some reason he just schedules it over the fixed release date, instead of trying to put everything IN the release and then saying "person X is overbook by Y days"

jiraoverbooked2.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Velti Daniel July 30, 2019

Hi!

I disn't wanted to add a new topic for the same question, so:

I have the same problem.

Here is what I have:

1 Portfolio plan with 1 project and 1 team. the team is overbooked for the releases for sure. But instead of showing the overbooked hours on the bars, the release finish date is moved to a later date.
I understand, that this is caused because of the grouping, but no grouping is selected, see :JIRA portfolio.jpg

What can be the reason?

Thank you, br

Daniel

0 votes
Anjanette Willnecker April 30, 2019

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-1718 

The situation in which the overbooked bar is not showing is when the capacity view is grouped by project. With that option on show neither free capacities nor overbooked capacities but just the workload assigned to that sprint. The reason for that is that when the view is grouped by projects, it is not clear to which project the free sprint capacity / overbooked sprint capacity should contribute so we'd need to distribute it following some heuristic which would not be correct either. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events