Why do i see issues with no fix versions in the releases report of jira portfolio?

Saarvaani Vadlamani May 30, 2017

I am working with portfolio v2.2.2 and jira v7.2.1

1.I am seeing epics which do not have any fix version in the releases report.

2. Also in the scope view, sometimes I see that the stories assigned to a sprint in jira appear to be under a different sprint in portfolio.

Could someone please help me understand why I could be seeing this kind of behaviour

Thanks,

Saarvaani

2 answers

0 votes
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hi @Saarvaani Vadlamani,

Changes made in Portfolio do not instantly appear in Jira. Instead they are stored as 'scenario changes' which can then be committed to Jira. This could be why you are experiencing some of these issues. You can tell an issue has a scenario change as it will have a orange triangle in the corner, and will appear in the 'uncommitted changes' dialog. 

1. What is the 'release' field showing for those epics appearing in the report? Is it empty? In Portfolio if you set a story to a release, it will also set the epic to that release too - that might be what happened.

2. Usually, the sprint in portfolio will match the one in Jira. There's a few reasons it might be different but the most likely reason is that sprint was changed in portfolio, but not committed yet. Could you let me know if this is not the case so I can try to figure out why this might happen?

Thanks,
Sam

0 votes
Becc
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hi Saarvaani,

Thanks so much for your question. 

It's possible the reason you see this in the release report or sprint report may be because those values are assigned by the Portfolio algorithm. When you press the calculate button Portfolio tries to figure out the best values for these fields, you can read more about scheduling behaviour in Portfolio in the documentation here:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/scheduling-behavior-802170552.html

While these values are not reflected in Jira, they are still taken into account when reporting and filtering in Portfolio.

If you're still experiencing these problems, please let us know.

Thank you,
Portfolio for Jira Server team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events