Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the logs for JIRA Portfolio?

Deleted user August 24, 2017

I'd like to clarify - should the logs for JIRA Portfolio be in the logs/atlassian-jira.log ? I've asked another question related to an error in JIRA Porfolio, and a related point was where the log output normally goes, since I didn't have any for that issue.

I've seen some open requests that JIRA portfolio have a separate log file as it would make debugging easier, which makes me think it only uses the main log file. However, since I don't see *any* logs even when this user is getting an error, I wanted to double check.

Additionally, if I wanted to raise the logging level for JIRA Porfolio, I would need to add the package name separately in the logging section in JIRA?

The documentation for JIRA portfolio is a little sparse at the moment.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2017

Hi Steven,

You are correct in that it only logs to atlassian-jira.log.  You can increase the log levels with

com.atlassian.rm

You can also try

com.atlassian.jpo

Cheers,

Branden

JZ June 18, 2018

Branden,
I wanted to poke this thread and confirm with you if you knew of any recently added logging for Portfolio specifically. Any additional details would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance,
Joseph Zinnecker

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events