What is the maximum number of issues visible in the scope view in JIRA Portfolio?

Upon creating a Portfolio plan comprised of 20 teams, we discovered there was a limit to the amount of issues that can be displayed (see image below).  What is the maximum number of issues visible in the scope view in Portfolio for JIRA v2.0.5?

Screenshot 2016-09-29 17.42.12.png

1 answer

I was sent the answer:  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39140034

The limit on the amount of issues you can load into your plan is 5000. However there is a hierarchy limit of 2000 which is the limit on the number of items that we are willing to render. 
So if your epics (+ initiatives if you use them) are < 2000 then we’re able to show you the epics level. If your Initiatives + epics + stories are > 2000 then we are not able to show you the story level (either by expanding epics or with the hierarchy level drop-down)

You can check the number of issues Portfolio is trying to bring over from the "confirm what's in scope" page of the wizard. To the right of "Deselect all" there is a count of how many issues have been selected. Note that this only represents the total number of issues if you are viewing this scope from the highest level of hierarchy as it's a count of the current filter.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

563 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot