We're unable to confirm that JIRA license

lynn.mickelson September 6, 2017

We have installed our JIRA product version 7.4.3-x64 and we have ran into an issue when we tried to enter in our license key.

We searched the online forums and we saw that we need to update our server ID on MyAtlassian and we couldn't find anywhere to enter or edit our SERVER ID value.

Please advise on next steps.  We are unable to install JIRA on our server due to this issue.

Please feel free to contact us at jason.madlung@sunrisebanks.com

Thank You!

2 answers

0 votes
lynn.mickelson September 7, 2017

Lars: I bought the licenses by go into the Atlassian.com site. Attached is the invoice I received back including the information on the licenses.  If you send me your email, I will send you the invoice and the email attached.

I am struggling as a customer to determine why this has been soo hard to troubleshoot.

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

I think that Scott, Jason or Pavan should be able to help you out (from your attached screenshot)
If not, you`d need to reach out to sales@altassian.com 

-Lars

lynn.mickelson September 8, 2017

Lars: I was the one that originally submitted the request for licenses. I have sent a request to sales@altassian.com

Lars, can you do an investigation based on the SEN #? SEN-10196190

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Sorry, only Atlassian people can do that.

In the end I`m just a regular user like you.

-Lars

If you have issues with Jira, who do you contact? Sales?

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2017

Technical problems: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

License problems: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ or sales@atlassian.com

Starter licenses (10 users) are referred to this community.

-Lars

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

What does the error message say? 

If you bought a JIRA license, then an unused licene should appear on my.atlassian.com. 

During the installation you are provided with a server ID, which you are to enter on my.atlassian.com

To get things up and running you can simply enter a timebomb license or a trial license, then change the license in the GUI after completing the installation.

Trial licenses are also found on my.atlassian.com.

Time bomb licenses (e.g. 3 hour) are available here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/timebomb-licenses-for-testing-server-apps/

-Lars

Atlassian - Where to input server ID.jpg

Please see the screenshot above.  Please indicate where can we insert the Server ID value?

Please note the SEN and License Key have been blanked out for security purposes.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Thank You.

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

Perhaps you are the billing contact and not the technical contact?

I have never been only had the billing contact myself,so not entirely sure.

-Lars 

One more question, does the server we are installing JIRA on require internet access to go out to verify the license with Atlassian?

Thank You.

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

No ☺️

Ah ok thanks for your help Lars. :)

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2017

No worries!

If your problem is resolved, please mark the question as resolved.

-Lars 

lynn.mickelson September 7, 2017

Well, my issue is not resolved yet, I had to defer to using the trial over the purchased license key.  One thing I did find it odd is that a server ID is available for the trial, however we are unable to locate a server ID field for the purchased license key.

Any idea why this would happen?

Thank You for your help Lars.

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2017

Where did you buy the license?

Perhaps someone else in your organization has the technical contact permission?

If the add-on was bought through an Atlassian Solution Partner, I'd reach out to them. sales@atlassian.com can always help you out regarding licenses.

-Lars 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events